Sat Nav Help on 2019 (69) Golf R Estate

MattM7R

Evening Guys,

I’ve recently swapped from a 2014 5dr MK7 R Hatchback, to a 2019 MK7.5 R Estate in Indium Grey, absolutely loving the car, wish I’d had a wagon years ago!! So understated!!

Had it just over 5 days now so still getting used to some of the extra additions it has over my older hatch model, but I have one “problem/question” for some reason, on the Nav screen, the button along the bottom of the screen that says “MAP” with the synovial of a map and an arrow that transfers the map from the main info panel, to the instrument cluster is greyed out, and I can’t seem to get the map to appear in the cluster.

On my wife’s VW Tiguan 2.0TSi R Line, the same button shifts the map into the centre section of the instrument clocks, and shrinks the rev counter and Speedo to allow for a bigger map area.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong?? Any help advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried this way.

Once you have your navigation screen up on your touchscreen, hit the "view" button on your steering wheel, then go over to navigation and push the down arrow. The navigation will now display on the digital cockpit

Thanks a lot for replying @MJC1216 I really appreciate the information!! I’ll check in the morning when I head to work to see if that works! Thanks in advance if it works.

The ‘ok’ button on the steering wheel shrinks and enlarges the map/dials. Sadly it’s not as good as the virtual cockpit in the Audi which looks far more snazzy but I think it can be coded that way if you really wanted full screen.

Si

Thanks a lot @R32sy I’ll give that a try tomorrow. Yes I’ve seen the Audi variant, very smart but as nice as some of the options are on the S3 and even the S4 Avant that I looked at, the Audi’s seem to refined and smooth with their delivery!! I kinda like the slightly more raw, unrefined delivery the R cars give.
My wife had a TTS a few years back pre-bump arriving and it was great fun, but she always stole
my R as she said it was a better drivers car, handled better, heavier/more solid feeling, and made a better noise!

Update on both actions, the ok button on the steering wheel doesn’t shrink my clocks as advised and the map doesn’t move when pressing the down arrow as advised also, unless I can find any other info I’m wondering whether I have a different version of infotainment, might call in at my local VW dealership and ask.

Probably my explanation needed to be a bit more detailed.

I was doing it from memory but i am going out in my car shortly and will give a full update later.

It is a combination of buttons on the steering wheel that puts the map across and only when this is done can you make the map bigger and smaller.

I used it when i first got the car as it was a novelty but now use google maps on the large centre screen.

Mark

Okay a full description fingers crossed.

Use the silver tab surrounding the Okay button across to navigation.

Press the down arrow.

It will then ask if you want to display navigation.

Click Okay again and then it should display maps.

If this isn't happening on yours then it maybe a fault with the SD card or something else.

Hope this helps.

IMG_20230125_105055375.jpg

IMG_20230125_105027416.jpg

IMG_20230125_105103716.jpg

IMG_20230125_105110644.jpg