of course it was pearl-effect-less

So not as sexy as today’s version

But when Atlantic isn’t an option

that Lapiz really pops out in the sun

and as mentioned has 3 tones

in my parking sport it seems nearly dark grey

in artificial or dim light it looks dark blue

and in the sun it sparkles Lapiz Lazuli 🙂

I had white, black, and blue cars, and even one Daytona Grey S3 (also multi-toned), but would go for blue anytime, Atlantic or Lapiz, whatever is open.

14 hours ago, Booth11 said:

White Silver on the 7.5R was a gorgeous colour so I can see why something similar could tempt you.  As was Reflex Silver on the original 7R.  By all account the Lapiz on the 8R has more metallic fleck than on the 7/7.5 and in the sun it’s amazing, but also lovely at dusk when it looks really deep and velvety, and then in the dark it’s a rich dark blue - like having 3 colours on one car. My other favourite colour is Atlantic Blue which is sublime colour.  I really like some metallic greys but for some inexplicable reason never actually want one for myself, same with most whites and reds.  I admire them from afar.  All personal of course and at least IF given more colour choice for the 8.5 we can all spend many hours pulling our hair out on which to pick.  🤯

I love my AB, I am praying the 8.5 will include that colour!

IMG-20240126-WA0000.jpeg

11 hours ago, Darlo said:

It’s been a while… this thread is precisely why I came for nosey. Timing could

be right for me to order a 8.5R. 

Would love to get back in an R

Hey mate, good to see you back. You really need to get back into an R, especially now virtually all of the bugs have been sorted. 🙂

Although I doubt you'll get such a good deal as the one you got originally. 🙂

On 02/02/2024 at 07:35, Booth11 said:

Sounds promising!  How has it been being R-less @Darlo?  

The A35 still provides decent smiles per gallon but there is something about the performance golfs I miss. What I will say is thank the lord I extended the warranty on the merc… needed new rear diff and axel two months ago. I hadn’t drove it in a while… gave it a tickle followed by an immediate warning light 😂

Getting rid of the golf hasn’t stopped unwanted visitors. Another attempt break in at our house last month. Professional job where they cut power to house, avoided all but one camera etc. Luckily the alarm tripped and I chased them off. Ironically their get away car…. Was a Golf R 😂😂😂

23 hours ago, dopper99 said:

Hey mate, good to see you back. You really need to get back into an R, especially now virtually all of the bugs have been sorted. 🙂

Although I doubt you'll get such a good deal as the one you got originally. 🙂

Hi mate, yes I have been in contact with the dealer I usually order from to keep me in the loop. I managed to get a very good deal on t-roc R for a friend with my discount. Both me and the Mrs love the look of the 8.5 GTI which is probably more achievable with our  budget… but some good strong man maths may make an R work in lease spec 😂.

If I get any heads up on any deals I will post on the forum. I think a couple ordered last time. I got a full tank and a bottle of something as a thank you from the dealer for the orders 😃

20 minutes ago, Darlo said:

The A35 still provides decent smiles per gallon but there is something about the performance golfs I miss. What I will say is thank the lord I extended the warranty on the merc… needed new rear diff and axel two months ago. I hadn’t drove it in a while… gave it a tickle followed by an immediate warning light 😂

Getting rid of the golf hasn’t stopped unwanted visitors. Another attempt break in at our house last month. Professional job where they cut power to house, avoided all but one camera etc. Luckily the alarm tripped and I chased them off. Ironically their get away car…. Was a Golf R 😂😂😂

Thank god for that extended warranty!  How much of a ‘tickle’ did you give it, there’s spirited driving and then there’s breaking the car! 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry to hear that despite ditching the R, you’ve still been targeted for theft Darlo.  You need your mum’s old Aygo back and ditch the A35. 😁 Probably someone else pride and joy R that getaway car.  😞 

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Thank god for that extended warranty!  How much of a ‘tickle’ did you give it, there’s spirited driving and then there’s breaking the car! 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry to hear that despite ditching the R, you’ve still been targeted for theft Darlo.  You need your mum’s old Aygo back and ditch the A35. 😁 Probably someone else pride and joy R that getaway car.  😞 

I would describe it as enthusiastic… my 535d does a job but I do love a hot hatch blast 🚀

The Aygo is long gone thank god.. sad to see it go HONEST. She has a lovely 7.5 golf  now.