Golf mk 8.5 news

mpv

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Much will depend on whether they bring in direct fixed pricing (agency model) for some sales which might spell the end of broker deals and huge discounts if it was applied to more than electric and fleet sales. 

Exactly what my neighbour said to me 6 months ago, and he's a buyer for a particular VAG franchise in the UK.

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Much will depend on whether they bring in direct fixed pricing (agency model) for some sales which might spell the end of broker deals and huge discounts if it was applied to more than electric and fleet sales. 

It probably is coming but Mercedes are using the agency model and it isn't going too well for them.

They are still discounting and pre registering cars and losing market share(that could be due to other car companies having a better product or USP)

1 hour ago, Scudgie said:

Exactly what my neighbour said to me 6 months ago, and he's a buyer for a particular VAG franchise in the UK.

1 hour ago, MJC1216 said:

It probably is coming but Mercedes are using the agency model and it isn't going too well for them.

They are still discounting and pre registering cars and losing market share(that could be due to other car companies having a better product or USP)

Yes hopefully they’ll be looking at those already using the agency model and learning from the likes of Mercedes’ experience and look to get a better model from the off.  

I think the fact that prices go up while personal income is not, combined with interest rates from the 80/90s, together hinder the rate at which people buy expensive cars.

Opposed to common belief, most expensive cars are not sold to very rich people that wouldn’t be bothered with interest and price (not talking super cars, just GTI/R/S3/RS3/M2 and so on), so those are the first to take a hit when market or economy is on the fritz.

On 11/02/2024 at 11:16, MJC1216 said:

I'm not surprised its not working out for Merc. New cars have gone up to silly prices and fewer people can afford these prices. Especially with high APR's at the moment.

It'll help the second hand market I suppose.

I've written to my local VW pusher, and requested he gives me a quote the minute he has prices on the new 8.5 GTE. I'd sworn I'd go Tesla, but after seeing so many reviews, I'm starting to feel like there's too many compromises with a Tesla.

A GTE will still be somewhat practical compared to my current wagon, but way more fun to drive. Also, I'm desperate for some exhaust options....

I'm thinking a Dolphin Grey GTE will look *chefs kiss*.

18 minutes ago, AlmostR said:

I'm thinking a Dolphin Grey GTE will look *chefs kiss*.

I'm having a Dolphin Grey GTI right now, and this is one of the best grey colours I've ever seen..BUT, only when completely CLEAN :) 

If there is a little dirt on it - looks like any other regular grey color, unfortunately.

Also, no photo can show how this color looks in person...gorgeous and luxury all in one place. 

I can't understand why people buy Moonstone Grey when there is a Dolphin Grey. You won't have two answers if you see those  colours one near another.

I would definitely think to opt for Dolphin Grey once again if I decide to buy 8.5.

41 minutes ago, Dogman12 said:

I'm having a Dolphin Grey GTI right now, and this is one of the best grey colours I've ever seen..BUT, only when completely CLEAN :) 

If there is a little dirt on it - looks like any other regular grey color, unfortunately.

Also, no photo can show how this color looks in person...gorgeous and luxury all in one place. 

I can't understand why people buy Moonstone Grey when there is a Dolphin Grey. You won't have two answers if you see those  colours one near another.

I would definitely think to opt for Dolphin Grey once again if I decide to buy 8.5.

I personally think the best grey paint colour that VW used on a Golf was Carbon Grey which was the signature colour for the mk6 and mk7 Golf GTI and GTD. Being the signature colour made it that little bit more exclusive. 

IMHO it looks great in the pictures at the link below. Shame VW don’t still have it as a Golf paint colour.

https://www.scuderiaprestige.com/vehicle-details/used-volkswagen-golf-gti-performance-for-sale-in-camberley-surrey-u32/