Golf mk 8.5 news

mpv

19 hours ago, Dogman12 said:

UPDATE:

GTI & GTE will be available in German configurator from mid-April.

That is pretty late....l..first Car late summer to dealers?

I worst case delivery of the New R will be in the Winter :(.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just had look over Autotrader, and wow MK 8 R and Clubsport prices have dropped from when last looked, and was thinking would that be impacted even more with release of the MK 8.5?

End of leases, and finance deals, trade ins to maybe look to move on from a troublesome MK 8 to a hopefully much improved facelift? Plus existing MK 8 stock, might lead to quite bloated MK 8 numbers and even keener prices.

1 hour ago, Hertsman said:

Just had look over Autotrader, and wow MK 8 R and Clubsport prices have dropped from when last looked, and was thinking would that be impacted even more with release of the MK 8.5?

End of leases, and finance deals, trade ins to maybe look to move on from a troublesome MK 8 to a hopefully much improved facelift? Plus existing MK 8 stock, might lead to quite bloated MK 8 numbers and even keener prices.

Strange! In Sweden i get 35K GBP when trade at a Vw dealer :)....That is pretty Crazy for a 2021... :)

Hard to tell from the video, but are the internal materials little bit better quality? Looks so. 

Personally prefer the new interior from what seen, think fact drive BMW 1 series, with media screen up high, makes the screen slightly more familiar in positioning, thought its much smaller and narrower.

Would have to sit in a car itself just to see how intrusive or not the screen is but on first view, think its lift on previous model and could see myself having one down the line used (too expensive for me at this time), with caveat that its prove over time, that the software issues are a thing of the past 

18 minutes ago, Hertsman said:

Hard to tell from the video, but are the internal materials little bit better quality? Looks so. 

Personally prefer the new interior from what seen, think fact drive BMW 1 series, with media screen up high, makes the screen slightly more familiar in positioning, thought its much smaller and narrower.

Would have to sit in a car itself just to see how intrusive or not the screen is but on first view, think its lift on previous model and could see myself having one down the line used (too expensive for me at this time), with caveat that its prove over time, that the software issues are a thing of the past 

Materials look no better quality to me.  Screen aside (and the piano black gloss console which is in the current version anyway), everything else looks the same as the mk8 basic quality trim.  Door cards and trim no better, and the awful cup holder area looks same.  

I don’t mind the new screen but do think they could have attempted to integrate it to a degree, but can see the value of its higher position.   Needs to be seen in flesh as you say.  

42 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Materials look no better quality to me.  Screen aside (and the piano black gloss console which is in the current version anyway), everything else looks the same as the mk8 basic quality trim.  Door cards and trim no better, and the awful cup holder area looks same.  

I don’t mind the new screen but do think they could have attempted to integrate it to a degree, but can see the value of its higher position.   Needs to be seen in flesh as you say.  

You likely right as can compare directly with some authority, but did read the CEO state he was championing better materials, so maybe its too early for the MK 8x and that will come into fruition for the MK 9? 

Think the days of integrated screens are in the past, they have got everyone used to the concept now, and it will just be the way for everyone soon in your normal hatchbacks, saloons, vans, trucks etc, though you would hope your Porsche, Ferrari etc, would never go down that path and keep everything integrated in their performance cars.

Have seen worse screens than these new ones in the MK 8.5 there is at least some curves, and beveling, some seen are literally bolted on flat screens. 

Hope to go part time when this current company lease ends in 16 months, and so that be my last, and likely be shopping for my own personal ride for late MK 7.5 R, as you just cannot justify the latest when change balance of income. To be honest, actually quite excited by that, the 128Ti has really dulled on me, its drive is just nowhere as good as the 19 plate R we have, and i am just piling the grunt miles on the BMW before it goes back.

Strangely been asked way more times what car it is? so it looks the part, and interiorly its great, so it shows you just how important how the car actually drives is,