Jump to content

Which Snow Foam?


Par

Recommended Posts

Had some good information from here for other detailing products so thought I would ask for thoughts on which snow foam people would recommend?

 

Been using the Autoglym Polar Blast & Wash products this year but they are about to run out, would say they are middle of the road - not the worst or best so keen to try out something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Par said:

Had some good information from here for other detailing products so thought I would ask for thoughts on which snow foam people would recommend?

 

Been using the Autoglym Polar Blast & Wash products this year but they are about to run out, would say they are middle of the road - not the worst or best so keen to try out something else.

 

My recommendations for best snow foam are (in order of preference):

  • Bilt Hamber Touchless
  • Bilt Hamber Auto Foam
  • ValetPro Advanced PH Neutral Snow Foam

All excellent snow foams but Bilt Hamber Touchless is brillant.  Bilt Hamber use what they term the Panel Impact Ratio (PIR) for working out how much snow foam product is need to water, and this is based upon the flow rate of water through a lance.  There is a process for working this out and once you've done that once, you can determine the amount of snow foam product needed for various level of cleaning power, e.g, 4% (heavy soiling), 2% (medium), 1% (light).  If you do choose a Bilt Hamber snow foam I strongly recommend you follow their PIR method as it really does maximise the cleansing efficiency of their products.  
 

There is a post here which details how calculate PIR for Bilt Hamber snow foams.

 

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/41225-bilt-hamber-auto-foam-testing-vid/?do=findComment&comment=618995

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Par said:

Thanks, just ordered some Touchless, looking forward to trying it out this weekend once I have set up my whiteboard & calculator in the garage to work out the PIR! 


Very keen and organised!  Once you’ve used it, share your thoughts on how it compares to the other snow foams you’ve used. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

+1 for Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. I have used the Valet Pro but prefer the Bilt.

 

As an aside, I've been using an Autobrite Foam Cannon for years but it has started to show its age (Me too!) so I bought an MJJC Foam Cannon Pro V2 (cheapest price was at In2Detailing) and it is a brilliant piece of kit. It produces very consistent foam and wide coverage. Usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation with any company, supplier or whatever other than as a customer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another vote for touch less 

 

I also used to use their auto wheel first on my alloys and give them a good scrub, jetwash off and then use touchless but I was in a rush and thought I’d leave out the auto wheel. To my surprise touchless did just as good as job on its own without the extra effort of scrubbing using a mitt and brush 🥳

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Booth11 said:


Very keen and organised!  Once you’ve used it, share your thoughts on how it compares to the other snow foams you’ve used. 👍

I will do!

 

Only other experience of Bilt Hamber products is the Hydrate 80 rust converter which I have used on my Lotus Elan & Mini Cooper S R53 projects and it outperforms other types of similar products I have used so expecting good things from their snow foam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Par said:

I will do!

 

Only other experience of Bilt Hamber products is the Hydrate 80 rust converter which I have used on my Lotus Elan & Mini Cooper S R53 projects and it outperforms other types of similar products I have used so expecting good things from their snow foam.


Ime you can’t go wrong with Bilt Hamber products, they don’t disappoint.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £165
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...