Jump to content

New Tyre Time


speedjunkie

Recommended Posts

I think the usual thoughts are Continental 7's or Michelin PS4S.....

 

For the Continental I think there are PremuimContact and SportContact so choose the right one if you go for them.

 

Becca can comment on the Continentals. 🙂 

 

There are other tyres of course!

 

I have Hankooks and they seem pretty good but hearing the above are even better ..... I will change to one of the above when my time comes to renew them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes they are the obvious choices. I have had PS4S before and loved them. Continental get some reviews and Asymetric 6 gets good reviews too. Regards pricing, Asymmetric 6 are on offer so £523 for four. Continental best ive found is £633. PS4S £655. Im not best at making a decision at the best of times! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can recommend the Conti Sport Contact 7s, brilliant tyre ime, (and I had two sets of PS4S on my 7R so not a stranger to a great tyre).  Had them on my 8R for 4k miles now and am not disappointed.  They replaced the factory fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports and Conti 7s are a different animal.  My fronts were worn down and needed replacing but I decided to fit the 7s all round.  I got mine from Black Circles and all 4 cost £648 inc fitting , that’s 19”. 
 

Lots of choice out there though!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems strange that your tyres have worn so unevenly. I would at least expect both fronts to be similar and both rears to be similar.  I have Hankooks on the Tig.R and very pleased with them but they’ll probably need changing around the 15k mark, which is sooner than the Michelins used to do on the golf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DSarge said:

Seems strange that your tyres have worn so unevenly. I would at least expect both fronts to be similar and both rears to be similar.  I have Hankooks on the Tig.R and very pleased with them but they’ll probably need changing around the 15k mark, which is sooner than the Michelins used to do on the golf. 

Just noticed a typo which would explain the confusion! Ive edited. I have to admit the Hankooks have been decent but that just makes me realise how good it would be with PS4S or the Continentals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s134p218461/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_Conti_Sport_Contact_7_225_40_R18_(92Y)_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_B_Noise%3A_72dB

 

I ordered 4 of these, and had them fitted at a local independent tyre specialist for £15 per tyre Inc. Balancing etc. 

 

I can't recommend the Conti Sport Contact7 enough! They replaced the factory Bridgestone S005 and the difference is night and day! Definitely a proper UUHP tyre with an unreal balance between grip and comfort.  Probably the best tyre you can get bang for buck for this car imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Umz54 said:

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s134p218461/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_Conti_Sport_Contact_7_225_40_R18_(92Y)_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_B_Noise%3A_72dB

 

I ordered 4 of these, and had them fitted at a local independent tyre specialist for £15 per tyre Inc. Balancing etc. 

 

I can't recommend the Conti Sport Contact7 enough! They replaced the factory Bridgestone S005 and the difference is night and day! Definitely a proper UUHP tyre with an unreal balance between grip and comfort.  Probably the best tyre you can get bang for buck for this car imo.


They’re a superb tyre aren’t they.  Quite a bit cheaper for 18” of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Booth11 said:


They’re a superb tyre aren’t they.  Quite a bit cheaper for 18” of course. 

 

Yes indeed, the 19's are quite a bit more. Plus fitting....

 

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s24p213406/Continental_Tyres_Car_Continental_Conti_Sport_Contact_7_235_35_R19_(91Y)_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_D_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_B_Noise%3A_72dB

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dopper99 said:

 

Yes indeed! Although not sure how you got them that cheap as I've just checked Blackcircles and they are:

 

image.png.d6f12b5d2d2af0d7d1c668749b7adcff.png

 

 

Maybe they just went up in price. 🙂

Blue light discount! 😉

 

Also it’s National that have that price, slightly more full price but with blue light discount cheaper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £170
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...