New Tyre Time

speedjunkie

I never checked for those sizes, only regular ones.

The price goes down with quantity so the more common sizes will be cheaper for the tyres that sell more. They probably sell the same in these special sizes, but the common ones (225/40/18 or 235/35/19) will show larger diff’s as the quantities become larger.

Either way, all are great option, so you will not be disappointed.

image.thumb.png.22d6f0e52d1522cbd31088e5e83e4960.png

10 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

I have to say I’ve always had a preference for Continentals and Goodyears over most other brands so I like the look and the thought of getting CSC7s. For some reason I’ve never gone with Michelin and I know it sounds bonkers to me too! There are many reasons for that, but I think the main reason is having lived half of my life in Belgium I trust a German and an American over a French 🤪😂🤣 anyhow thanks @AHG it might be worth considering but to be fair the difference in price per tyre is minimal between both Michelins (£10 a tyre) the gap between the continentals and Michelins is far larger and could sway it, but if I went for the Michelins then I would most likely go for the PS4S although comfort can also make a difference, so I will consider it too, thank you. 

I had high hopes for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports my 8R came with, and they were a good tyre but not a match for CSC7 and PS4S, and the drop-off in performance as they wore down was disappointing.  I ran on Contis for years and then decided to try Michelins and was very impressed and had those until I sold last car, but I’m not wedded to one particular tyre manufacturer so when CSC7s came on the scene and it was time to replace the outgoing GYs, I thought I’d give them a go, and so far very happy with that choice.  A year ago I paid £162 per tyre from Blackcircles including fitting, but that was for 235/35/19 not the 45/35/19.  Are you going the latter size regardless of Michelin or Conti?  

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

I had high hopes for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersports my 8R came with, and they were a good tyre but not a match for CSC7 and PS4S, and the drop-off in performance as they wore down was disappointing.  I ran on Contis for years and then decided to try Michelins and was very impressed and had those until I sold last car, but I’m not wedded to one particular tyre manufacturer so when CSC7s came on the scene and it was time to replace the outgoing GYs, I thought I’d give them a go, and so far very happy with that choice.  A year ago I paid £162 per tyre from Blackcircles including fitting, but that was for 235/35/19 not the 45/35/19.  Are you going the latter size regardless of Michelin or Conti?  

Yes i remember you saying Becs, which was disappointing to hear because i had high hopes for them and wanted them on my car as standard and if not i would have seriously considered them to replace the Hankooks. It's a bit of a dilemma. (but not really) I just want to get it right this time Hehe... I think part of the problem is me not using it as a daily and having driven a family car for while before getting the 8R and also me not being used to driving 19s. So for that reason im thinking of changing the tyre size and from what i've read 245 gives me that bit more sidewall without compromising the speedo, it would seem its pretty common over in the states, and also jumping to 235 40 19 is also very common but then the speedo will be slightly out, but not by much. The thing is maybe if i had the right tyre i may not need to change the size but because i don't have much to compare i'm thinking of doing both, but surely it can only but help, right ? From reviews i've seen, videos on YouTube and what i've heard the CSC7 edges over the PS4S (marginal) but the PS4S might give a bit more comfort but like you say you dont want it to be numb and it sounds like you are really happy with the CSC7 and maybe me going to 245 with the CSC7 is the right balance.  The other thing with going bigger it will fill the arches a bit without going lower which i'm not planning on doing, at least its never been the plan, i like the idea of it in respect of look but don't want to compromise comfort.

I also hoped for GY SS but got Bridges, so off they went.

Was able to compare GY SS to PS5 on two GTI 8s of friends, and I can say that while GY is quite nice and comfy, the PS5 manages to be more grippy, more communicative and at the same time a tad bit quieter, especially at high speed.

Still, it is no PS4S or the compared Conti’s, but they do fit the car far better than any tyre the car actually comes with, considerably and noticeably.

So, whichever of those you chose, it will be a great step up.