Stolen White mk7 R

MonkeyP

I got car jacked on my drive in birmingham on the 1st November 2023 at 17.17.They took the car from me at knife point.

Vehicle - Golf R, colour Oryx white, 19" Prets

Registration - PR11JAT 

Time - 17:17 

Location - Birmingham 

Police have been notified, please share so these ****** can get caught!!! 

Thankfully by some miracle my wife picked my daughter up early from nursery so she was not in the car and took her to her parents house.

If you see anything please contact the police. Or even if looking at a car with the same spec please hpi check it. The plates will be changed but the chassis number won't be. 

20150302_162451_IMG_7627.JPG

4 hours ago, MonkeyP said:

I got car jacked on my drive in birmingham on the 1st November 2023 at 17.17.They took the car from me at knife point. I have ring footage but unable to upload it here.

Vehicle - Golf R, colour Oryx white, 19" Prets

Registration - PR11JAT 

Time - 17:17 

Location - Birmingham 

Police have been notified, please share so these ****** can get caught!!! 

Thankfully by some miracle my wife picked my daughter up early from nursery so she was not in the car and took her to her parents house.

If you see anything please contact the police. Or even if looking at a car with the same spec please hpi check it. The plates will be changed but the chassis number won't be. 

20150302_162451_IMG_7627.JPG

Really sorry to hear of your ordeal @MonkeyP, that’s is an awful experience and the loss of your R too.  I hope you’re ok.  What a relief that your wife and young daughter were spared the trauma of this.  

If you want to upload videos you need to upload to to YouTube or another third party video hosting site and then copy/paste the link into a forum post here.  

Hello @MonkeyP

My R estate in white was also stolen yesterday at 4pm while I stood next to it in broad daylight in Shropshire in front of my 2 young kids - I found this looking for details of a ‘Stolen’ thread. Good to hear nobody was hurt, we also got away with no injuries thankfully.

Hope you get some good news, I’m not holding much hope for mine.

11 hours ago, v11boy said:

Hello @MonkeyP

My R estate in white was also stolen yesterday at 4pm while I stood next to it in broad daylight in Shropshire in front of my 2 young kids - I found this looking for details of a ‘Stolen’ thread. Good to hear nobody was hurt, we also got away with no injuries thankfully.

Sorry to hear that especially with your two young kids. 

It's horrible that this is happening. Apparently its on the increase again as the mk7 has gone up in price. I'm gutted as had the car 8.5years from new and I love it.

Here's the link below to show what happened. 

So sorry to learn of this horrific act @MonkeyP - what a terrible ordeal for you.  I really hope they are caught and suitably punished.  
What sort of guys think it’s ok to take somebody’s car from them at knifepoint outside a home…..Im struggling with.  
Can only hope that you can quickly recover from this.  Disgraceful act. 

12 hours ago, v11boy said:

Hello @MonkeyP

A terrible ordeal for you too @v11boy, especially with your children there when the theft happened.  I hope you and your family are ok under the circumstances.  

1 hour ago, MonkeyP said:

Sorry to hear that especially with your two young kids. 

It's horrible that this is happening. Apparently its on the increase again as the mk7 has gone up in price. I'm gutted as had the car 8.5years from new and I love it.

Here's the link below to show what happened. 

I’m glad you stayed calm.  Terrible to watch but you and your family more important than a lump of metal no matter how much we love our cars.  

Glad you are safe.

I hope the police recorded the crime as a robbery as it may get you a better response from the police rather than if it was recorded as just theft of a motor vehicle.

And on that point the chances of recovery are slim so get your private plate on retention asap otherwise you will lose that aswell.

Good luck

Absolute scum. 

Our friends Disco got stolen in Broad daylight off their drive in Wednesfield the other week. They unlocked the car from inside their car (presumably stolen mk8 golf), walked up to car, plugged something in OBD and drove off. 

Not so much Gone in 60 Seconds but more like Gone in 10 Seconds. 

He now has a brand new Defender 130. I'm surprised that's not gone yet. 

Glad I've moved out the area as its getting to the point now that anywhere in the Greater Midlands area isn't safe as I know a few cars stolen from Telford and Shrewsbury too as its easy pickings and straight onto m54/m6/m6toll/m5 and away. 

Police really need to get a handle on this. 

More police presence and the cars obviously get shipped or parted somewhere so concentrate intelligence on finding out these locations instead of just dishing out a crime ref. 

• 5 weeks later...

Update:

Car was recovered a week later, with not too much damage. curbed wheels, dents broken parts and dirty inside and smells of cigarettes but unfortunately the insurers are being very difficult about everything. But hopefully will get it it sorted soon but I will be getting rid of the car as soon as I get it fixed.

I just wanted some help. They ripped out the dashcam that was hardwired to the fuse box. Would anyone be able to send me a pic of their fuse box as I think a couple of the fuses got pulled out in the process. I didn't have many extras besides paint, wheels and DNS Pro.