Jump to content

Insurance


Caleb

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

any advice welcome.

ive had my renewal quote and it’s doubled.

148 a month 

I have 9 years NCB 

clean driving licence.

43 years old.

 

i was just wondering is there an insurer that is most people on here use.

and his this quote seam about right.

 

thanks 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many have reported increased premiums come renewal time.  A lot seems to depend on how the insurer has had to pay out, and your location.     There’s a big variation on where you live. Where are you?  
Try the usual search engines. Comparethemarket, Moneysavingexpert etc for better quotes Also Directline worth a look.  I switched us to Morethan. 
Consider carefully multi car policies and multi policies with an insurer for further discounts.   It’s worth shopping around.  Good luck. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As above shop around...i use Flow Insurance part of LV and reasonable prices.

 

Problem can be location...these are harder to insure in Bradford Birmingham and London and also many of the 7 and 7.5R are falling into the hands of younger drivers so probably claims are also rising.

 

Your quote seems high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, NRW said:

Many have reported increased premiums come renewal time.  A lot seems to depend on how the insurer has had to pay out, and your location.     There’s a big variation on where you live. Where are you?  
Try the usual search engines. Comparethemarket, Moneysavingexpert etc for better quotes Also Directline worth a look.  I switched us to Morethan. 
Consider carefully multi car policies and multi policies with an insurer for further discounts.   It’s worth shopping around.  Good luck. 
 

I’m from West Midlands 

We have 2 cars so do you think it would be cheaper to get a multi policy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Caleb said:

I’m from West Midlands 

We have 2 cars so do you think it would be cheaper to get a multi policy 

West Midlands likely a Hot Spot for car theft, crime.   Worth looking at 2 car Policy for reductions, but might not make a massive hole in what you end up paying - but anything saved has to be better than your £ renewal. 

Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Mine jumped from £348 in 2022 to £625 last year & now its looking to almost £1k give or take a few quid 😫

 

I appreciate that parts have risen & energy costs have risen but surly this is taking the biscuit , I'm mid 50's, I've never had a claim in 36yr of driving, 0 points & currently have 13yr NC due to previously having a company car & I don't live in a bad area.

I actually looked at the cost to insure a 2016 911 Targa costing £70k & it came out £580 on a comparison site 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Martin2 said:

I was pleasantly surprised when my wife got the renewal quote through for the Golf, £686 vs 632 last year.

 

Much better than the £1,801 vs £878 I got for my car a couple of weeks earlier.

So how much for your wifes new car...you hear so many horror stories about EV's cost to insure.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MJC1216 said:

So how much for your wifes new car...you hear so many horror stories about EV's cost to insure.

 

Thanks

It’s a salary sacrifice lease car, so an all in cost per month including insurance.   I did look because I’ve always bought cars for cash and am not 100% comfortable with lease and it would have been around £800 which was a lot less than I was expecting.  
 

Ended up sticking with the lease in the end as it was less per month including insurance/tyres/tax/servicing than I calculated the depreciation to be.  Add c£150 a month for running costs plus the interest you earn from keeping £55k in an ISA and it was a significant saving.   The monthly cost is fixed for the term as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £170
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...