My flat cap is pending

Jace

My brain read the thread title as “my cat flap is pending” and I thought wtf?!  Now I’ve read it again and seen the photo, it all makes sense. 😁 Looks a lovely old motor.  Enjoy every one of those 65 horses…..and washing those wheels!  😁

You may be surprised as they came out of the factory with a 95bhp rating so it may be 32bhp more than you realise.

Put some crossply tyres on it and it will really be tail happy with all that power.

It looks a really  nice example I wish I had space for something classic like that.

16 hours ago, NJS said:

You may be surprised as they came out of the factory with a 95bhp rating so it may be 32bhp more than you realise.

Put some crossply tyres on it and it will really be tail happy with all that power.

It looks a really  nice example I wish I had space for something classic like that.

I've had to make space for it, or should I say tidy the garage up😄

I'm lucky that its not actually a car I've had to buy either, it belongs to my dad who restores classic cars as his retirement hobby, & he's struggling for space as he's taken a new project on in the form of an MG Midget, so in his words " you can have it now rather than waiting for when I die" 😳 

His previous restoration project was an Opel Manta "A" 

Manta A.jpg

18 hours ago, Jace said:

It looks like my summer weekends will be mostly spent attending classic car meets in this 😃

But I'm not sure how its 63bhp will feel compared to driving the stg2 R wagon, timed in hours not seconds I guess  😬

MGB.jpg

Ran a 1980 MG Midget for 5 years and its not about the speed on the clock, suns out, roof down, some nice lanes, and its a really nice driving experience, just feels fast and when you add a pub lunch at the end of it, its all win :) 

• 4 weeks later...

I can remember my mum trundling us about in an Austin A40 Somerset when we were children and my friends laughing at us in such an old and unusual car in the early 70's. We later acquired a MG Magnet ZA that my grandfather bought new and shipped back from Singapore after WW2.

Ive kept hold of my MK2 16v my son keeps badgering me for.

It sits alongside my 3 door Oryx R nicely on trips out.

IMG_4002.jpeg

IMG_4003.jpeg