Jump to content

Avon tuning


Recommended Posts

Has anyone had any experience with Avon ,  the Indy I use for services and repairs to my cars has mentioned Avon to me , I’ve got some hard ware to fit as in r600 intake and forge turbo pipe , now I trust my Indy with my cars , but would like to hear of experiences of anyone who’s had an Avon remap before I dive in , I’m at the point of doing stage 1 now 

 

thanks in advance 
Ryan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan, all I can say is never heard of them. Not saying they’re bad but it’s generally best to go to VAG specialist for tunes. 
 

Most look at APR, revo, racingline, ecotune as well developed stage 1/2 tunes. 
 

Then custom tuners that get lost of good reviews MRC, unicorn. There are many dealers around for those above tunes. 
 

Pick tune with good local support if any issues is best. I’ve been APR stage 1/2 tuned since Dec 2014 no issues at all in that time due to tune etc. only had water pump fail which is common issue stock or tuned. 
 

Maybe others will have more to say. I briefly looked them up and look custom tuner with good reviews but didn’t really see any VAG cars there. Most tuners gave more experience with certain brands. 
 

Good luck with your search and hope it goes well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I found that on their website not many of our type cars on there, Cardiff remap has lots of good reviews, not sure if the owner was a tech for some tuning company before  , sure I read it somewhere, I may be wrong I don’t know , 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your Indy should be able to fit the R600 intake and turbo pipe. It's so easy intact you should be able to do it if you can watch a YouTube video and use a screwdriver. 😄

 

As for engine tuning, as previously mentioned I'd go with a reputable and recognised VAG tuner.

 

Avon don't seem to be advertising what company they use for their maps so it's likely to be something like a Quantum map rather than REVO or APR etc. While Quantum are not that bad, the last thing you want is get a crappy tune which could cause issues for you further down the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, TheBlondeFella said:

Your Indy should be able to fit the R600 intake and turbo pipe. It's so easy intact you should be able to do it if you can watch a YouTube video and use a screwdriver. 😄

 

As for engine tuning, as previously mentioned I'd go with a reputable and recognised VAG tuner.

 

Avon don't seem to be advertising what company they use for their maps so it's likely to be something like a Quantum map rather than REVO or APR etc. While Quantum are not that bad, the last thing you want is get a crappy tune which could cause issues for you further down the line.

I will fit the hard ware myself , I’m a gas engineer by trade so always taking things apart and fitting things in awkward tight spaces on boilers , the intake won’t be a problem 

also Cardiff remap do Apr and racing line stuff 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/04/2024 at 19:06, eski said:

Has anyone had any experience with Avon ,  the Indy I use for services and repairs to my cars has mentioned Avon to me , I’ve got some hard ware to fit as in r600 intake and forge turbo pipe , now I trust my Indy with my cars , but would like to hear of experiences of anyone who’s had an Avon remap before I dive in , I’m at the point of doing stage 1 now 

 

thanks in advance 
Ryan 

Ryan 

I see Avon tuning are in Bristol. Have you considered Retro Resus near Taunton.

 

Tom Walker and the team are motorsport gurus and do big custom tuning and builds on VAG cars and support VW Cup, PGTI Championship as well as Combe Saloons.

 

Tom has fitted a lot of upgrades to my 7 R mainly APR Stage 1 then 2 with APR TCU map & RL intake.

 

Real professional and knowledgeable outfit I wouldn't go anywhere else tbh locally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Msportman said:

Ryan 

I see Avon tuning are in Bristol. Have you considered Retro Resus near Taunton.

 

Tom Walker and the team are motorsport gurus and do big custom tuning and builds on VAG cars and support VW Cup, PGTI Championship as well as Combe Saloons.

 

Tom has fitted a lot of upgrades to my 7 R mainly APR Stage 1 then 2 with APR TCU map & RL intake.

 

Real professional and knowledgeable outfit I wouldn't go anywhere else tbh locally.

If I didn't know better Ian I'd say you were sponsored by Tom at Retro Resus. 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised £165
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...