Advice for buying MK7 2018 Golf R

Hello!

I'm on the fence buying a MK7 2018 Golf R. Today I own a Mk7 2017 Golf.
The one I'm looking at is pretty similar to the one I got today, but with more horses under the hood of course.
It's a 1 owner that has 68.000 miles on the clock, which is around 110 000 km. The price for the car is around 30,000 USD or 319.000 SEK.

What do you guys think, I really enjoying the car I have but a Golf R is really special.
Here is a link for the advert https://www.blocket.se/annons/stockholm/volkswagen_golf_r_310_hk_4m_dsg_plus_keyless_19_/1000969121
I was thinking of paying around 28000 USD. (305 000 SEK)

Cheers,

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 03/04/2024 at 10:47, zylvass said:

Hello!

I'm on the fence buying a MK7 2018 Golf R. Today I own a Mk7 2017 Golf.
The one I'm looking at is pretty similar to the one I got today, but with more horses under the hood of course.
It's a 1 owner that has 68.000 miles on the clock, which is around 110 000 km. The price for the car is around 30,000 USD or 319.000 SEK.

What do you guys think, I really enjoying the car I have but a Golf R is really special.
Here is a link for the advert https://www.blocket.se/annons/stockholm/volkswagen_golf_r_310_hk_4m_dsg_plus_keyless_19_/1000969121
I was thinking of paying around 28000 USD. (305 000 SEK)

Cheers,

That's a nice looking mk7r, unfortunately my phone is not letting me translate the page. Definitely doing right going for a DSG just remember you have to service it. The keyless ones are stolen a lot so make sure you get yourself a pouch to put the key in to stop people being able to nick it.

You definitely won't be unhappy with an r absolutely awesome cars so much fun.

Keyless Golfs are definitely not more prone to being stolen than keyed types.  Almost all reports I've read of Golfs are stolen by thieves getting hold of the physical keys (usually by breaking into houses), so nothing to do with being keyless or not.  In any case it is very easy to disable keyless entry when locking your Golf.

I was a bit confused about you saying "MK7 2018 Golf R" as VW changed to Mk7.5 Rs around mid 2017 ( I have a Mk7.5 R built in June 2017), so AFAIK all 2018 Golf Rs are Mk7.5s (with several changes over the Mk7).

Good Luck with your search, keep looking until you find the "right" car for you.