Gaz-R

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased a vw golf r and have been browsing the forum for a while looking at different options. I have come from a slightly different animal but was looking for something slightly cheaper to run on a daily basis. I have owned a Mk7 golf gtd before the M4 and loved how practical it was so I thought the best step would be into a R, given it would still be fun to drive.

Still unsure whether to buy some non genuine Pretoria's from CM wheels and if I do, which colour would suit the black better. But first job is to clean up those tail pipes!

Anyway, here's some pictures.

IMG-1913-1.jpg

IMG-2502.jpg

Edited by Gaz-R

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum Gaz

:welcome:

Good choice on the R and that looks a nice car you’ve got.   How are you funding it after the M4?

Pretorias look superb on a mk7/7.5R but I agree with Neil above that CM Wheels Hyper Silver is just too bright so I’d look at something a little more subtle unless you like the very bling look.  Black nice of you want the stealth look but can look heavy.  Maybe something in between.  

Any other mods planned?  

Thanks both, yes I was thinking the silver would be too much and was considering going for gloss gun metal but wasn't sure if it would be too dark against the black. I'm not a fan of black on black so something in the middle would be perfect.

The M4 was an occasion to drive, very tail happy but lots of fun. So far the R seems to be a lot comfier, it feels just a quick from a standing start to 70 which is where the vast majority of driving is and the DSG is a lot sharper compared to the DCT. Given the M4 struggles to get it's power down I would say they would be very similar from a standing start, the M4 would obviously pull away the higher up the speed gets but that's just pure grunt from the 3.0 twin turbo 6 cylinder.

I'm glad i managed to get into a 7.5 as the interior feels much nicer than the 7 with the updated instrument cluster and infotainment. 

18 minutes ago, danJ76 said:

Just had mine painted anthracite grey, looks good with the black, if I could figure out out how upload a picture I would show you lol

Try this site which is free https://postimages.org/

Upload your photo and then copy/paste the ‘hotlink for forums’ url into a forum post and it will embed the photo.  Alternatively, once you get to 25 posts on here you will then be able to directly upload photos from your computer or mobile device using the Add files link which should become available at the bottom of a new message box. 

57 minutes ago, danJ76 said:

Just had mine painted anthracite grey, looks good with the black, if I could figure out out how upload a picture I would show you lol

Took me a while to work it out but I used the website @Booth11 advised. Would be good to see what yours looks like in that combination.