Golf R - New owner

chrisr666

It's got DCC, 18inch alloys (didn't fancy the prets), winter pack, indium grey, 7 speed dsg - first dsg / automatic I've had and won't go back to a manual now I don't think. It's a non pan roof model. 40,000 miles when I got it 3 months ago and bloody loving it!

Must admit I seen the grey ones and the lapiz blues and prefer the grey. Each to their own I know.

When I get some time I'll get some pics hoyed up here.

One of the first things I did was get obd11 and code a couple of things one.

I said I'd keep it stock as I love the look and feel of it stock but thinking I might get an exhaust upgrade to get a few more pops and burbles, just not sure which to go for 🤔

Random question but are there ever any golf r meets? Would be cool to meet up with some other owners and admire their car and have a bit craic 

You went for the right colour...too common the blue.😂

You should consider Prets or maybe Revo's as the 19's really lift the car...the ride is fineand although mine has DCC it's never set in comfort mode unless i am doing a really long journey.

Anyway welcome.

PXL_20240501_093228536.thumb.jpg.0a75efe7725fcefd93001f94cf4b0743.jpg

19 minutes ago, MJC1216 said:

You went for the right colour...too common the blue.😂.

Cheers 😁 funnily enough that's what I thought, the blue was a bit too common.

@Crick mines a 5 door, the last 3 door car I had was a Peugeot 206 GTi 180, was nice but such a clart on when you have passengers needing to be in the back. And I'm in my 40's now so being middle aged having a 5 door works better for me

11 hours ago, chrisr666 said:

It's got DCC, 18inch alloys (didn't fancy the prets), winter pack, indium grey, 7 speed dsg - first dsg / automatic I've had and won't go back to a manual now I don't think. It's a non pan roof model. 40,000 miles when I got it 3 months ago and bloody loving it!

Must admit I seen the grey ones and the lapiz blues and prefer the grey. Each to their own I know.

When I get some time I'll get some pics hoyed up here.

One of the first things I did was get obd11 and code a couple of things one.

I said I'd keep it stock as I love the look and feel of it stock but thinking I might get an exhaust upgrade to get a few more pops and burbles, just not sure which to go for 🤔

Random question but are there ever any golf r meets? Would be cool to meet up with some other owners and admire their car and have a bit craic 

That’s great to hear that you’re loving it!   Good spec.  With DCC and 18s should be a very compliant ride with a decent set of tyres.  Indium is a lovely colour and more under the radar/subtle than the Lapiz.  

What did you change with obdeleven?  

@Booth11 I coded a couple of things I found strange weren't on from factory, heated seat memory (I know it's only a button press to enable the heated seats but just want it left on when I put it on), lock and unlock acoustic notification - again strange this was turned off, fan level display when it's set to auto so you can tell the fan speed.

I messed about with enabling the exhaust flaps to be open all the time, had that one for about 2 weeks and noticed that the dsg farts were less frequent and not as noticeable so I reversed this back to it's factory setting.

It is a lovely ride with DCC and 18s.

What impressed me most was the first drive I had of one was in the rain and it felt so grounded and responsive - from that moment my mind was set on one of these 

19 minutes ago, chrisr666 said:

@Booth11 I coded a couple of things I found strange weren't on from factory, heated seat memory (I know it's only a button press to enable the heated seats but just want it left on when I put it on), lock and unlock acoustic notification - again strange this was turned off, fan level display when it's set to auto so you can tell the fan speed.

I messed about with enabling the exhaust flaps to be open all the time, had that one for about 2 weeks and noticed that the dsg farts were less frequent and not as noticeable so I reversed this back to it's factory setting.

It is a lovely ride with DCC and 18s.

What impressed me most was the first drive I had of one was in the rain and it felt so grounded and responsive - from that moment my mind was set on one of these 

Good choices.  When I had a mk7 I did similar - door lock/unlock chirp, fan display and the exhaust flaps, but like you I switched the exhaust flaps back as didn’t like the drone.  Did a few more such as disabled soubdaktor and other bits.  

14 minutes ago, chrisr666 said:

Oh and the ability to open all windows from the fob, although I think that is actually enabled from the factory 🤣

Yes that’s usually enabled from factory and is something I’ve always disabled after a couple of unintended window opening instances. 

I don't know if it's the child in me or chav but I actually like the noise from the soundaktor, I find it gives a bit more feedback about how aggressively I'm pressing the throttle so I've got that enabled in the individual drive mode.

Agree with you regarding the drone, it was a bit meh and annoying.

Does anyone know how often they update the apps feature within obd11? To add more apps to change features

18 minutes ago, chrisr666 said:

I don't know if it's the child in me or chav but I actually like the noise from the soundaktor, I find it gives a bit more feedback about how aggressively I'm pressing the throttle so I've got that enabled in the individual drive mode.

Agree with you regarding the drone, it was a bit meh and annoying.

Does anyone know how often they update the apps feature within obd11? To add more apps to change features

Yes the soundaktor is a subjective choice.  I hate it. 😄

Do you have the pro version of OBDeleven?  One issue with just relying on the apps is that you don’t know exactly what is being altered. With Pro and doing long coding you have more control and a history of what’s changed if you need to change it back.  IIRC fan level could only be done via app but the majority of other tweaks can be done with coding.  Personal choice of course. Not sure how frequently apps update as I only use coding for changes. 

. .
@chrisr666: Arrh...... the devil's number - the dark side is ALWAYS better, Luke!!😀. Hi.

With my apology for interjecting in your discussion - I am compelled to support our venerable moderator's assertion about OBD11 (and about the terrible Soundaktor noise - an appalling and distasteful facility, IMO!!)

When you say "I can see the history change of what I've done on my vehicle listed" - what exactly do you mean?

If you have purchased the base version OBD11 (without a PRO subscription), then the ONLY way to make coding changes is via OCAs (One Click Apps). If this is the case, then there is a very good commercial reason why VOLTAS-IT (the parent company for OBD11 sales) will definitely NOT disclose the exact changes that were made by OCAs

Put yourself in the position of the VOLTAS Board when deciding this matter - if the change records in the History file of every OBD11 user-account contained the change information for ALL OCA's - isn't VOLTAS disclosing its commercial IP to the public domain? Why would it do this- since it is a direct violation of the Board's fiduciary duties to its shareholders?

My hunch (and yes, I'm guessing) is that what you are seeing in your History file are NOT records of actual coding changes from the OCAs - rather, your records simply disclose that the OCA was implemented and the date/time stamp - and nothing more!!

Again, my apology for the interjection!

Don