harryhackenbacker

MK 7 R OPERATING TIPS/TRICKS

On 19/04/2019 at 19:43, DeeTailer said:

I realise that this is an old post - but there's another tip that might help here that hasn't been mentioned in the 37 pages of this thread so far....

If you're struggling with a hill start and can't trust that the car won't roll back - lift up the electric handbrake switch (and hold it up, as you would with a old-style  handbrake when doing a hill start).

Then, when you have pressed the accelerator and got some revs up so that you can feel you're at the "bite point", let the handbrake switch "flick" out of your finger and it'll release the handbrake and pull away, just as if you were releasing a normal manual handbrake.

I know that the auto brake should release at just the right moment, but there were at least three or four occasions in my old manual GTI when it didn't work properly and the car started rolling back...

I haven't had the need to try it in my new DSG yet, but it's good to know about the option, just in case.

Never had any issues with rolling back in a dsg. Either car sits with auto brake on, or creeps forward. Maybe if really steep hill you may need to nudge the gas to make it move but don't think the dsg will let you go backwards.... could be wrong, and sure if I am some cleverer folk on here will tell me 

no need to touch auto handbrake, unless you live on Mount Everest 

Never had any issues with rolling back in a dsg. Either car sits with auto brake on, or creeps forward.

no need to touch auto handbrake, unless you live on Mount Everest 
Yeah wasn't aware you could roll back in a DSG? Not many mountains in Kent though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Discover Pro, 7.5 Wagon/Estate,

this maybe the same on all audio systems though, don't know...

When the radio/audio is switched off after touching the centre screen on/off button, by pushing the volume up switch in the steering wheel, the audio is turned back on.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery on my car while working on the airbox

When re connected i had a few errors but these self celared in a few mins. The adaptive cruise control still isnt working after about a 30min drive. Has anyone else had this problem?

Previously no issue with it

I disconnected and reconnected the battery on my car while working on the airbox

When re connected i had a few errors but these self celared in a few mins. The adaptive cruise control still isnt working after about a 30min drive. Has anyone else had this problem?

One disconnected my battery and not had an issue, hopefully it will just sort itself out. Have you tried manually deactivation it and activating?

19 minutes ago, slickrick30 said:

Yep ive tried the LHS buttons on the steering wheel, it says ACC deactivated when I press anything. I was hoping there was a reset sequence or something

Have you tried switching cruise control on (or swapped from the Speed Limiter function) ?  I get that msg when I try to set the speed when cruise control is switched off.

Ill have a poke around again this evening but I dont think it will be as simple as that unforunately, theres an orange light on the dash
Possibly a battery issue, that can cause random faults sometimes...

I had exact same thing after removing the battery to service the DSG. ACC took a couple of trips to reset itself. All the other lights went out on the first short drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update, the light was off yesterday evening when I started it. It seems to have fixed itself!

Be interesting to know processes the car goes through when the battery is disconnected etc... Im assuming now it takes a few days or hours to take baseline readings for the ACC before switching on

Just an update, the light was off yesterday evening when I started it. It seems to have fixed itself!

Be interesting to know processes the car goes through when the battery is disconnected etc... Im assuming now it takes a few days or hours to take baseline readings for the ACC before switching on
I guess the ACC can take a little longer to adjust than things like the abs etc

Turns out a great way to disable Stop/Start by the backdoor is to install a dashcam with auto-switchon and a low voltage sensor and not use the car very much. My battery's now handily always just below the Stop/Start threshold when I start it. 😎

2 hours ago, TheAlbionist said:

Turns out a great way to disable Stop/Start by the backdoor is to install a dashcam with auto-switchon and a low voltage sensor and not use the car very much. My battery's now handily always just below the Stop/Start threshold when I start it. 😎

I have a hard wired dual cam w\ battery cut off set at 12.4v. It seems my alternator must be better than yours as S\S still kicks in after 5 minutes driving.  I coded it out for the winter months & re-enabled for the summer but it’s still a pain ...unless stuck in motorway traffic with ACC set to eco - then it saves you quite a bit in mpg. 

Apologies if this has already been mentioned...

If you're using Android Auto, you don't have to tap the microphone icon on the media screen for voice commands, just press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel for a couple seconds....

Edit: This will work regardless of whether you have the VW speech recognition option or not