Vehicle Leasing FAQ

Lawrie

Thanks for that ... so is the extra rental at the same rate per day ?  or is it written in the contract somewhere like the excess mileage rate ? 

Couldn't imagine being charged because the lease company can't get to you early enough before the lease expires.

I'd have a field day if they tried doing this to me  :grin:

It says in my terms and conditions (VW FS) 

hadn't heard that before ? 

"8.1  When the Hiring Period ends or we terminate the hiring (or accept your

repudiation of this Agreement) you must return the Vehicle to us

immediately, at such address as we may reasonably require, at your own

expense together with everything supplied with the Vehicle (including the

servicing book) and the registration document and any MOT certificates. If

you do not return the Vehicle, we may repossess it and recover from you

any expenses we incur."

They will pick up on the day the lease expires. If it falls on a weekend or bank holiday they may pick up immediately after, and won't charge extra.

If you can negotiate an extra rental period, and my lease company said I can if my new car is not ready, this is charged at a higher monthly rate which includes the initial deposit at pro rata rate. i.e.

New monthy payment = initial deposit + (no months of term x monthly payment) / no months of term

Basically my lease company want to keep me as a customer & so have said they would being my new car & collect the old one on the same low loader, so would be fairly flexible with the date at the end of the lease providing I continue with them :)

• 6 months later...

How about the servicing if you havent taken the maintenance package.

Obvs have to sort the first 10k/ 12 month service, what about the second?

Assuming youve done over 20k, then assume you have to pay to get 2nd service done

If you havent done 20k, then what... especially when the lease expires at 2 years. 

If you hand the car back a day before the 2 years, and havent done 20k, then do you have to do second service?

Havent got the car/ manual/ complete agreement yet, so just assuming (reading posts on here) the service period is 10k or 12 months.

I have applied for a lease through Vehicle Savers and they have asked me to send my driving license to them before they can set up my customer account, is this standard practice?

I don't really feel comfortable posting my driving license, and it has to be the original, not scanned or photo copied.

I have applied for a lease through Vehicle Savers and they have asked me to send my driving license to them before they can set up my customer account, is this standard practice?

I don't really feel comfortable posting my driving license, and it has to be the original, not scanned or photo copied.

I think it's standard "by the book" practice for all finance companies. 

I got away with good quality colour scans too, but was expecting the request for originals to be sent as it stated this on the email request.

I would send it Special Delivery and demand they return it the same :afro:

I sent mine recorded delivery a month ago- got it back recorded delivery only a few days later

No worries

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...