My R Review after 1,000 miles.

n4aat

Firstly, I bought this car to commute in. It doesn’t have to fulfil the “fun†brief. I have a weekend car for that. It works well as a commuting car.

Things I like.

 Comfortable place to be.

 Quiet and relaxing to drive when in eco or normal. It despatches 200 mile journey’s with ease.

 Wife loves the refrigerated glove box.

 Auto wipers and lights are good.

 Manual box works sweetly, but not until it has warmed up.

 Soundaktor noise is not awful.

 Phone prep works well and Siri operates over the mic ok.

 Pace is enough for me but doesn’t blow my hair back.

 Heated wing mirrors are good.

 Good enough value for the lease price, but wouldn’t pay £30k of my own money for it.

Things I don’t like

 No quicker than any other German diesel/petrol turbo wagon on the road.

 Attracts lots of dicks in Audis who sit on my bumper waiting for something to kick off. It’s not going to happen guys; I am a grown up.

 The linking of google nav on my phone is inconsistent.

 The steering wheel doesn’t move close enough to me.

 The seat bases don’t tilt meaning there is no support under the thighs.

 Grip levels are not great in the wet. Even the wife’s Corsa VXR is better. Probably tyre related though.

 The soundaktor seems to operate at different volumes each time I get in the car.

 The front assist is a ball ache. Far too sensitive. It gets in a flap when I am perfectly happy with the situation.

 ACC is sluggish in getting back up to speed.

 The last third of the stereo volume control is pointless.

 Brakes don’t inspire confidence.

 I would prefer it with two fewer exhaust pipes.

Overall it does the job.

Conclusion

I need to move closer to work and get a Cayman.

Firstly, I bought this car to commute in. It doesn’t have to fulfil the “fun†brief. I have a weekend car for that. It works well as a commuting car.

Things I like.

 Quiet and relaxing to drive when in eco or normal. It despatches 200 mile journey’s with ease.

 Good enough value for the lease price, but wouldn’t pay £30k of my own money for it.

Things I don’t like

 No quicker than any other German diesel/petrol turbo wagon on the road.[glow=red]Disagree... wind it up and it's a sling shot. Others will fall of the road sooner....[/glow]

 Attracts lots of dicks in Audis who sit on my bumper waiting for something to kick off. It’s not going to happen guys; I am a grown up. [glow=red]Perhaps that's the SE for you. Plenty of d****[/glow]

 The steering wheel doesn't move close enough to me.

 The seat bases don’t tilt meaning there is no support under the thighs.

 Grip levels are not great in the wet. Even the wife’s Corsa VXR is better. Probably tyre related though. [glow=red]Yip, I'd say tyres and pressures.[/glow]

 The soundaktor seems to operate at different volumes each time I get in the car.

 The front assist is a ball ache. Far too sensitive. It gets in a flap when I am perfectly happy with the situation.

 ACC is sluggish in getting back up to speed. [glow=red]That setting can be set via Comfort, Race, Eco, Indv or Normal mode via head unit screen.[/glow]

 The last third of the stereo volume control is pointless.

 Brakes don’t inspire confidence. [glow=red]My car's are absolutely fab.[/glow]

 I would prefer it with two fewer exhaust pipes. [glow=red]Agree. Prefer the older R set up.[/glow]

Overall it does the job.

Conclusion

Things I like.

Things I don’t like

 No quicker than any other German diesel/petrol turbo wagon on the road. If those German cars are M3's and RS4's then I agree

 Attracts lots of dicks in Audis who sit on my bumper waiting for something to kick off. It’s not going to happen guys; I am a grown up. Ignore them

 The steering wheel doesn’t move close enough to me.

 The seat bases don’t tilt meaning there is no support under the thighs. Agree

 Grip levels are not great in the wet. Even the wife’s Corsa VXR is better. Probably tyre related though. Mines amazing

 The front assist is a ball ache. Far too sensitive. It gets in a flap when I am perfectly happy with the situation. Change setting via head unit

 ACC is sluggish in getting back up to speed. See previous point

 The last third of the stereo volume control is pointless. My hearing is fine and so never go beyond 50%

 Brakes don’t inspire confidence. Mine are amazing

 I would prefer it with two fewer exhaust pipes. Agree

Overall it does the job.

Conclusion

I think that says it all ... how much fun can you have in any car on just a commute ?!

Get out in the R more at the weekend is my advice and drive it as an enthusiast.  You may well find the other side to it as EVO magazine found :afro:  :grin:  

all assuming you are in fact not driving a golf SE with a bodykit, 98% of what you say is utter bollox and that is confirmed by every magazine vid review i've come across.

The mid range on the car isn't going to be as strong as a powerful diesel when cruising.. this is still the case in an E92 M3.. you have to be in the right gear as ive found out recently...

the exhausts look decent but i think they should sound better and have no sound actuation.