neg

Dim front DRLs when indicator in use (mk7)

On 19/03/2015 at 00:12, neg said:

So when the indicator is in use this will dim the DRL on the side the indicator is flashing

[09] Central Electronics
Security Access and enter 31347

Adaptation Channels 

16 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)" 
18 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert to 35    
19 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 to "minimize"    

16 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 to "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)"    
18 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 to 35    
19 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 to "minimize" 

You can work out from the above you do the coding for each side and the 35 is what they dim too, you could use other values.

crude video http://vid1333.photobucket.com/albums/w628/neilgibbs/7R/DRL%20dimming_zpsdyeo9qyw.mp4

Hi @neg. I’m trying to do this coding, first part went fine as my nearside drl is dimming as expected but when I’ve done the same for the offside side, it doesn’t dim when indicating right but now both drl’s dim when indicating left.

I’ve double checked and triple checked the coding and also reverted back and taken off the 3SL changes and it goes back to only dimming the nearside as expected. Any ideas???

@8BallAddict: Hi - very clear reason to explain your tweak outcome; you used the same "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)" command on the 16 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 channel ; which should have the value "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)".

"Links" in German means "left" and "rechts" means "right". 16 Leuchte3SL VRB21 controls the right-side lamp (notice "R" in the name) - so you need to use the right-side Leuchte command.

That's why both DRLs dimmed when indicating left and neither DRL dimmed when indicating right!!

QED

Don

7 hours ago, dv52 said:

@8BallAddict: Hi - very clear reason to explain your tweak outcome; you used the same "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)" command on the 16 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 channel ; which should have the value "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)".

"Links" in German means "left" and "rechts" means "right". 16 Leuchte3SL VRB21 controls the right-side lamp (notice "R" in the name) - so you need to use the right-side Leuchte command.

That's why both DRLs dimmed when indicating left and neither DRL dimmed when indicating right!!

QED

Don

🤦🏻‍♂️