DSG CALIBRATION NOT COMPLETING ?

Hi Guys , So i have attempted DSG calibration a few times now using obdeleven with all the criteria ticked , i get the usual clunking noise however every time the process does not complete nor does it take any credits away from me ? i have noticed when i do this i have to restart the car for it to select a gear again . 

Any ideas people ? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So done the calibration today, all went as expected, got the success message, selected reverse, car started to miss fire and splutter with smoke bellowing out the exhaust, soiled myself, turned off th

Mine did the same, made the clunking noises, didn't take any credits and no sign of it being completed. Also had to restart car to select gear as well. All conditions were met, (right temperature range, foot hard on brake don't let go, don't touch throttle, in park, handbrake on etc...) so same as you, I don't know, would be good if anyone could shed some light on this

• 4 weeks later...

I would also be very interested in doing this. So far I have not been able to, following the exact guidelines step by step, neither have any of those "I did it on mine without problem"-people, been able to give an answer to it. I was formerly a VCDS user for several years, so I am pretty much aware of all pre requisites etc. 

I have tried it on VW t-roc 1.5 TSI DSG, without luck. My former car, a seat leon 2.0 tdi with dsg 6, it could be done without problems. 

The official forum are very quiet - I have been active there for some years now, but not even developers seems to be interested in bugs and replying. Most of the feedback on http://forum.obdeleven.com are done by superusers.

Are running the process manually or using the app? If app, maybe trying running the steps manually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manually through dsg adaption settings - as there's no app available for dsg basic setting. 

Yes there is, called “basic setting of transmission”

At least on mine.

If not showing on yours then it does point to a compatibility issue with the 7 speed boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to complete the basic settings for resetting the DSG you have to drive the car to do it properly.

im pretty sure only VCDS will let you do the actual resetting.

the one you are doing just goes through the motions but doesn’t do the whole sequence.

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that my shifts are not a prompt as they could have been previously when driving in M and in D i experience an awkard clunky down shit between 3-2 every now and again. I have recently had my dsg service from VW and was hoping it would help, which it has not. I dont know if im expecting to much from the car but im certain my shifts had been more crisp, sharp and exact previously.

I have tried to do a basic dsg reset throup the obd11 app, temp is good, handbrake and foot brake applied and it goes through the cycle as you can hear the clunks but it does not complete, does not take any credits and does not make a difference to the performance of the dsg. I have also tried to manually going through dsg adaptations but it fails. I have read a few other members experiencing this, does anyone have an update or answer as to why we can not perform a basic dsg reset?

• 2 years later...

So done the calibration today, all went as expected, got the success message, selected reverse, car started to miss fire and splutter with smoke bellowing out the exhaust, soiled myself, turned off the car, restarted and all good thereafter 😁 took it for a drive and tried all the different gear options, all good 👍