How many OBD changes have you done?...I've only had mine 2-3 weeks and have already done 19 changes...:blink::lol:....I wasn't expecting to do that many...(but its such a great gadget) I'm finding it hard to stop...:lol:

How many changes have done?...:)

How many OBD changes have you done?...I've only had mine 2-3 weeks and have already done 19 changes...:blink:....I wasn't expecting to do that many...(but its such a great gadget) I'm finding it hard to stop...
How many changes have done?...
I've done loads, a few I have reversed mainly to do with lights.

100% DRLs with headlights
Stop/Start off permanently
Soundaktor off permanently
Fan speed showing in auto
Headlight washer off permanently
All the mib2 tweaks with a CP removed unit

A couple that I tried and changed back were

Throttle control which made absolutely no difference so I bought a pedalbox
Various lighting changes that I thought might be cool but were actually a bit stupid.

I've used it to check various faults too (mainly caused by myself) so it's been really useful in many ways

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

How many OBD changes have you done?...I've only had mine 2-3 weeks and have already done 19 changes...:blink::lol:....I wasn't expecting to do that many...(but its such a great gadget) I'm finding it hard to stop...:lol:

How many changes have done?...:)

Around a dozen or so (there’s a list on here somewhere), including reversing one or two when it went in for MOT, and then re-doing them.  I’ve tried a few others and reversed them as normal t keen but have stuck with quite key ones and happy with how it is.  

Main two for me are:

Disabling Stop/Start and disabling headlight washers. They are essentials for me, whereas the rest are nice to have.   

It is a fab gadget and such great value for money. 

Around a dozen or so (there’s a list on here somewhere), including reversing one or two when it went in for MOT, and then re-doing them.  I’ve tried a few others and reversed them as normal t keen but have stuck with quite key ones and happy with how it is.  

Main two for me are:

Disabling Stop/Start and disabling headlight washers. They are essentials for me, whereas the rest are nice to have.   

It's strange as my headlight washers were not working when I took my car to VW for MOT. I have MOT cover on my warranty so I said if the headlight washers were a failure then they could do them under the policy. I got a call back saying that the car passed and the washers were not covered under warranty... I ordered a washer jet and fixed it myself but have coded them off anyway... I always thought that if you had washers fitted they had to be working?

7 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

It's strange as my headlight washers were not working when I took my car to VW for MOT. I have MOT cover on my warranty so I said if the headlight washers were a failure then they could do them under the policy. I got a call back saying that the car passed and the washers were not covered under warranty... I ordered a washer jet and fixed it myself but have coded them off anyway... I always thought that if you had washers fitted they had to be working?

Your thinking was right.  If the car is fitted with headlight washers (in accordance with type of lights and light output - Xenons/HID, LEDs) then they should be operational otherwise will be an MOT fail.  But don’t take it from me....

4F85E851-79E1-463E-A090-0F3E40430C10.thumb.jpeg.1b3f7736c4723b5b7ebc1ef2a905b0f3.jpeg

22 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Various lighting changes that I thought might be cool but were actually a bit stupid.

Which ones Dave?..(so we can compare notes)...Just curious....I assume you changed those back as well?

9 hours ago, PhilMill said:

Mine just arrived, so tomorrow i'll be playing, just wonder how many of the changes are already done on later cars? I'm about to start reading the OBD thread 😉

Let us know how you get on Phil...:)

22 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Main two for me are:

I wonder if the 2nd generation one which is out next month sometime will have any added features for our cars?...:)

42 minutes ago, goodbadboy said:

I wonder if the 2nd generation one which is out next month sometime will have any added features for our cars?...:)

I’m waiting for the 2nd gen obdeleven to come back into stock. As an iOS user I’m sick of using my current obd11 with the crappy cheap Acer android tablet I bought for obdeleven duty - the rubbish screen is so badly scratched that I can barely make out anything on it. A bit like diamond cut alloys, you only have to look at that screen and it scratches! You get what you pay for!   

Just now, Booth11 said:

I’m waiting for the 2nd gen obdeleven to come back into stock. As an iOS user I’m sick of using my current obd11 with the crappy cheap Acer android tablet I bought for obdeleven duty - the rubbish screen is so badly scratched that I can barely make out anything on it. A bit like diamond cut alloys, you only have to look at that screen and it scratches! You get what you pay for!   

Hopefully its back in stock soon Rebecca...:)

2 minutes ago, goodbadboy said:

Hopefully its back in stock soon Rebecca...:)

Thanks. It’s a shame they don’t have the option on their website to be informed by email when it’s back in stock. 

Your thinking was right.  If the car is fitted with headlight washers (in accordance with type of lights and light output - Xenons/HID, LEDs) then they should be operational otherwise will be an MOT fail.  But don’t take it from me....

4F85E851-79E1-463E-A090-0F3E40430C10.thumb.jpeg.1b3f7736c4723b5b7ebc1ef2a905b0f3.jpeg
Well mine were not operational and it passed the MOT no problem...

Which ones Dave?..(so we can compare notes)...Just curious....I assume you changed those back as well?
Oh I tried most of them out, the only ones I have kept are the drls at 100% with headlights and 5 way rear lights. My thinking is then more I am visible at night the better