Daytime running lights

25 minutes ago, Markyo7 said:

Anyone know how to turn off amber daytime running lights via Carista 

need them taken off as not a lover of it  

You can't do this via Carista. (at least it wasn't an option the last time I used it, about 6 months ago). You would need to use something that allows you to configure the central electrics module 09, such as obd11 - I recommend obd11.

Once you have it I can help you further.

Urgh - hate when I see the indicators lit up with DRLs on Rs. And the alternate flashing indicators on the rear. Just spend some money and install custom dynamic indicators if that's what they want?!

Different doesn't always mean better :) 

All IMO of course ;) 

2 hours ago, Ignition1 said:

Urgh - hate when I see the indicators lit up with DRLs on Rs. And the alternate flashing indicators on the rear. Just spend some money and install custom dynamic indicators if that's what they want?!

Different doesn't always mean better :) 

All IMO of course ;) 

Ever noticed a lot of Land Rovers have front indicators as DRL?  

Seen it so often I started to think it's factory. Or maybe just something that took off on a JLR forum.

I got pace indicators on the rear just for hazards. 👍

Guide for removing front indicators as DRL (MK7 Golf R) with obd11:

1. Select 'Vehicle' on the bottom row UI, and choose 'Control Units'.

1.jpg

2. Select '09 Central Electrics'.

2.jpg

3. Select Adaptation.

3.jpg

4. Search 'Leuchte' and select 'Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36'.

4.jpg

5. Ensure 'Lichtfunktion B 0' is set to 'Nicht aktiv'. In a car with front indicators as DRL, I would expect it to be set to 'Tagfahrlicht'.

5.jpg

6. Ensure both 'Lichtfunktion C 0' and 'Lichtfunktion D 0' are set to 'Nicht aktiv'. In a car with front indicators as DRL, I would expect these to be set as 'Blinken links/rechts Dunkelphase' and 'Blinken rechts/links aktiv (beide phasen)', respectively.

6.jpg

7. If 'Lichtfunktion C 0' and 'Lichtfunktion D 0' had been altered as above in step 6, then 'Dimming Direction CD 0' will have been set to "Minimize". Set this as 'Maximize'. 

7.jpg

8. Slide to write, when/if prompted for a code, input '31347'.

9. Go back to step 4 - select 'Leuchte1BLK VRB20' and repeat steps 5-8.

Notes:

If 'Lichtfunktion C 0' and 'Lichtfunktion D 0' are set to 'Nicht aktiv', scroll down and ensure 'Lichtfunktion E 0' and 'Lichtfunktion F 0', and 'Lichtfunktion G 0' and 'Lichtfunktion H 0' - are all set to 'Nicht aktiv', too. 

If 'Dimming Direction CD 0' is set as 'Maximize', scroll down and ensure 'Dimming Direction EF 0' and 'Dimming Direction GH 0' are also set to 'Maximize'.

Take this opportunity to ensure that 'Dimmwert CD 0', 'Dimmwert EF 0', and 'Dimmwert GH 0' are all set to a value of '0'. Leave 'Dimmwert AB 0' set to '127'. This is just to keep things tidy.

'Leuchte 0 BLK VL B36' is the front left indicator, 'Leuchte1BLK VRB20' is the front right indicator.

On 09/07/2021 at 14:35, OOV said:

Ever noticed a lot of Land Rovers have front indicators as DRL?  

Seen it so often I started to think it's factory. Or maybe just something that took off on a JLR forum.

I got pace indicators on the rear just for hazards. 👍

Yeah I've seen a lot of Ranges with front indicators as DRLs - hate that as well. Looks much better with just the standard blue/white DRL instead of it being mixed in with yellow. I do like the rear DRLs you can enable on some cars - "Scandinavian mode" I think it was called in VCDS in the Audi A3 8V.

That makes sense for hazards actually, more eye catching.

29 minutes ago, Ignition1 said:

Yeah I've seen a lot of Ranges with front indicators as DRLs - hate that as well. Looks much better with just the standard blue/white DRL instead of it being mixed in with yellow. I do like the rear DRLs you can enable on some cars - "Scandinavian mode" I think it was called in VCDS in the Audi A3 8V.

That makes sense for hazards actually, more eye catching.

Yeah it gives off more of an Alert! Attention! sort of vibe, which you would want from hazards. It's quite rare to see MK7 golfs with pace indicators, but when I see it, I don't like it. Absolutely prefer the factory style for normal indicating. So I was chuffed when I successfully coded it for hazards only.

52 minutes ago, OOV said:

So I was chuffed when I successfully coded it for hazards only.

Yeah didn't know you could do it just for hazards - that would be the best most "OEM" choice I think. But I think for regular indicating - please no 😂