Rwagon

Petrol Flap Sticking

Hi everyone, 

I have just spent 20 mins looking but everything I find seems to be about the lock mechanism not unlocking. 

My lock works, however when I press the flap it doesn't pop open, it pushes the little pusher in, but I have to press the bottom right corner to open it.

Anyone else experienced this?

Cheers 

Mine did the same last time I filled the car but it was freezing weather. I put it down to the ice jamming it. Haven't filled up since December but you've prompted me to try it again when I finish work... ive only filled the car 3 or 4 times since I bought it in October so can't say for sure if it always happens or not. Ill come back with the results! 

I had this.....also had an error code when I scanned the ecu (something like tank lid error).

It’s the solenoid that’s faulty. Not expensive, think it cost around £30 from VW and easy DIY.

Or £100 for VW to supply and fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely to be the solenoid, a very common problem on all VAG vehicles with the same basic unit. I have changed my partner’s Polo unit, my brother has changed his wife’s Seat Leon unit, a friend had done his Audi A4 etc. etc. Very easy change. The symptoms started like yours, but then failed completely.

I had this last year and reported it to the dealer. They fixed it and said that it was a common fault that needed the catch filed/sanded. Sorry I can't be more specific but it might be worth doing a bit more internet searching before committing to new parts.

Thanks all for your thought. 
I’ll scan it tomorrow. It’s got a months warranty left, but tbh if the part is cheap I’d rather not have the hassle of VW changing it and the risk of it being washed, and my nice swirl free paint being destroyed! 

cheers 

Thanks all for your thought.  I’ll scan it tomorrow. It’s got a months warranty left, but tbh if the part is cheap I’d rather not have the hassle of VW changing it and the risk of it being washed, and my nice swirl free paint being destroyed! 

cheers 

Have a watch of this.....

10 hours ago, slider09 said:

Have a watch of this.....

Cheers, not a bad looking job. 
Don’t like that he’s leveraging with a screwdriver against the paint though 😂

and that dangling cap on the paint hurts my eyes 😭

10 hours ago, aRsene said:

Spray both parts of the mechanism with WD40. Mine did the same 2 weeks ago and is now perfect. Don’t start sanding bits..!

I’d sooner sand it than have WD40 every where 😂

Why would you get WD40 everywhere or potentially spend money unnecessarily? A couple of small, directed squirts of WD40, wipe away any excess and the jobs potentially done. Sanding and replacing solenoids at this stage is illogical.