Golf MK8 R dual map display - coding

Thanks to the link @Booth11 provided, setting up dual  Nav display is straightforward. 

First ensure your bonnet is open then navigate to module 5F (multimedia), hit adaptation and scroll down and open  Dashboard_Display_Configuration, then change ability_switch_nav_maps from yes to no.

Screenshot_20211203-152051_OBDeleven.thumb.jpg.0fd15fd863b0428be9f8cce95d8b4400.jpg

I restarted my infotainment  and was able to select maps on both screens from there

20211203_151753.thumb.jpg.e128e1844d73e62a374e279a29b16c31.jpg

• Booth11 changed the title to Golf MK8 R dual map display - coding
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to the link @Booth11 provided, setting up dual  Nav display is straightforward.    First ensure your bonnet is open then navigate to module 5F (multimedia), hit adaptation and scroll

You need Pro activation to do any coding changes such as this one.  Basic subscription is only for the pre-set apps.  Pro is worth it as it gives you the option to do much more, and importantly gives

@Booth11 and @Scudgie I do apologise for the late reply, I got called in to work. I used to get an email when I had a reply/message on here but I don’t seem to anymore 😕.    @Scudgie thank you,

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Mange said:

Didn´t worked for me :)... What do you mean with "

""was able to select maps on both screens from there""

So many option to select maps 🙄...

I put the Infotainment into Nav mode and then used the view button on the steering wheel to change the dash screen until it showed the Map

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

Says: 

Plan - Basic 

I have 195 credits but they are for one click apps apparently 

You need Pro activation to do any coding changes such as this one.  Basic subscription is only for the pre-set apps.  Pro is worth it as it gives you the option to do much more, and importantly gives the you much greater control over what you are changing (with a record of it) whereas with the apps you have no idea what is being changed in the background. 

8 hours ago, Wrex said:

Says: 

Plan - Basic 

I have 195 credits but they are for one click apps apparently 

Ah that's crap.

Without mentioning where, I don't think you live far from me. If you don't want to fork out for the pro activation,  send me a message and I'd be happy to meet and code it for you.

@Booth11 and @Scudgie I do apologise for the late reply, I got called in to work. I used to get an email when I had a reply/message on here but I don’t seem to anymore 😕

@Scudgie thank you, but I’ve already paid the extra for the pro before I saw l your message 😬. I’m going to try tomorrow to add the dual screen nav. I’ll let you know how I get on 👍🏻 

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I had my OBDeleven out for something else, decided to enable this even though I mainly use Google maps via CarPlay.  The SFD Unlock process (using Google Authenticator) worked and change accepted.  Restarted infotainment system and hey presto, maps on dash (in map view) and infotainment screen. 

Works a treat!  👍(thanks @Scudgie