neg

Dim front DRLs when indicator in use (mk7)

So when the indicator is in use this will dim the DRL on the side the indicator is flashing

[09] Central Electronics
Security Access and enter 31347

Adaptation Channels 

16 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)" 
18 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert to 35    
19 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 to "minimize"    

16 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 to "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)"    
18 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 to 35    
19 Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 to "minimize" 

You can work out from the above you do the coding for each side and the 35 is what they dim too, you could use other values.

crude video http://vid1333.photobucket.com/albums/w628/neilgibbs/7R/DRL%20dimming_zpsdyeo9qyw.mp4

Really need to get my hands on/find somebody who can do all these bits for me.

A friend of mine has a 135i and uses the diagnostics equipment for that on my Mini - really nice to have the extra bits done but now I need him to buy a VW  :grin:

Personally I like that the golf doesn't 'need' to dim the lights when indicating... better design in my view.  All the cars that have craply designed light clusters that need the leds to dim look stupid - jag Xfs for example, it looks like the light is broken even though I know why its doing it...

Useful to post these sorta things still though ;)

Personally I like that the golf doesn't 'need' to dim the lights when indicating... better design in my view.  All the cars that have craply designed light clusters that need the leds to dim look stupid - jag Xfs for example, it looks like the light is broken even though I know why its doing it...

Useful to post these sorta things still though ;)

I agree, it doesnt look quite right to me.  But good of Neg to post the coding.

There are many things that can be done with the indicators to customize the look, such as also blinking the drl at the same time as the indicator.  Personally though, I think it looks best as standard.

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but I wondered if this dims the headlights or just the DRL's.  Looks like DRL only, and if that's the case, is there a setting that dims the headlights when the indicators flash?  Thanks.

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but I wondered if this dims the headlights or just the DRL's. Looks like DRL only, and if that's the case, is there a setting that dims the headlights when the indicators flash? Thanks.

Xenons are on or off, no in between ;-)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I dimmed mine to 26% using the coding above (but changed the value to 26 not 35) and OBD Eleven:

https://vimeo.com/197509068

Thanks for sharing. I know some people don't like it, but I think anything that helps people see the indicators earlier is safer.

Already done brake lights and pace car indicators with VCDS.  :afro:

So when the indicator is in use this will dim the DRL on the side the indicator is flashing

[09] Central Electronics

Security Access and enter 31347

Adaptation Channels 

16 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)" 

18 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert to GH 2 35    

19 Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 to "minimize"    

For the benefit of any other noobs like me that find this thread, the bold text in Red above is missing from the original instructions in post one.