delboy01

New android auto interface

Have you had any issues with it dropping out ? I haven't had the update to the new interface yet but with the old one the connection drops on mine literally every 15 seconds when trying to play music, it's unusable ! Don't know if it's my phone, cable or the infotainment unit :(

36 minutes ago, tinman68 said:

Have you had any issues with it dropping out ? I haven't had the update to the new interface yet but with the old one the connection drops on mine literally every 15 seconds when trying to play music, it's unusable ! Don't know if it's my phone, cable or the infotainment unit :(

Ditto find it rather buggy and drops out.

i find Waze drops out more using aundroid auto rather than IOS version.

Ditto find it rather buggy and drops out.

i find Waze drops out more using aundroid auto rather than IOS version.

Never had an issue with mine dropping out, do you mean actually crashing and disconnecting or freezing?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, delboy01 said:

Just seen the new android auto interface in my car and think it looks great.

much more modern interface and the sound quality of music played via Spotify seems to have improved as we’ll.

I agree Delboy...Looks really good and is a big improvement...:)

7 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Never had an issue with mine dropping out, do you mean actually crashing and disconnecting or freezing?

Just disconnect, similar to just removing cable.

which I add it's not.

its a very well known issue with auto android, a basic google will show plenty.

tried mates S9 and its disconnects, with my work phone, the security settings make reconnecting while driving not possible.

the same issue affects some of our mobile engineers (different cars).

my order of preference these days are.

1. My iphone

2. Wife's S9

3. My works phone

99. VW Nav

Just disconnect, similar to just removing cable.

which I add it's not.

its a very well known issue with auto android, a basic google will show plenty.

tried mates S9 and its disconnects, with my work phone, the security settings make reconnecting while driving not possible.

the same issue affects some of our mobile engineers (different cars).

my order of preference these days are.

1. My iphone
2. Wife's S9
3. My works phone

99. VW Nav

Never had an issue luckily, and well you always have the VW Nav to fall back on I guess....

817443565a7a9f4e4b1c7e94b2ef43cc.jpg

I had problems with it disconnecting at first, then I discovered that disabling WiFi on the Phone cured it. I now have Tasker set up to switch off WiFi and switch on the Hotspot when it connects to Android auto. Not had a disconnect since, and the built car maps get decent traffic updates too.

I like the new AA interface, just waiting for the new, new interface to arrive on my phone now...

I had problems with it disconnecting at first, then I discovered that disabling WiFi on the Phone cured it. I now have Tasker set up to switch off WiFi and switch on the Hotspot when it connects to Android auto. Not had a disconnect since, and the built car maps get decent traffic updates too.

I like the new AA interface, just waiting for the new, new interface to arrive on my phone now...
I never have wifi on my phone that stays connected to AndroidAuto so maybe you have something there, I cant use the car-net thing, not that I would anyway but bit an option so I have an old S7 Edge with a data sim connected up permanently to the car

Had a chat with a VW tech who deals with their digital content and he said the 2020 Passat will have wireless android auto.

No more fumbling around to plug in the cable.

He didn’t know if the feature would be made available to older MIB units with android auto.

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:57, delboy01 said:

No problems with a Samsung S8. The old interface never dropped out and I used it all the time.

That's really weird, I have an S8 and it just gives a message saying it's stopped working or something literally every 9 seconds, same with a different cable, and yet it works perfectly with my wife's S6 🤔

Upgraded to the new version today and it's still the same....

That's really weird, I have an S8 and it just gives a message saying it's stopped working or something literally every 9 seconds, same with a different cable, and yet it works perfectly with my wife's S6 

Upgraded to the new version today and it's still the same....
Strange as I'm using an S8 with mine on occasion and works absolutely fine