Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all …. Im on the verge of ordering a BBK for the R … was all set to get the Reyland 375mm 6 pot AP set up . Phoned up today to get as much info on dimensions as possible . 
 

The 375mm kit requires a 434mm  inner barrel clearance … I’ve taken a wheel of and it’s super tight that ! Especially with where the wheel weights sit . So much so I’m thinking the 362mm kit would be a safer bet . Also if I ever wanted to run 18” I could . 
 

Now the big one is that I don’t want to run spacer . My wheel specs are 19” 8.5 et 42 . CM pret reps . 
 

Does anyone run these wheels with a BBK and if so did they need spacer etc ? 
 

what other options do I have with a budget of around £1800-1900 for the fronts ? 
 

any help would be much appreciated :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the old girl out today. May take her to Combe and show a clean pair of heals to the MK1/2 EScorts 😆    

Just updating this ….    went for the AP 6 pot 375mm kit for the front and 350mm rear kit . About a month wait now until they are with me . I’ll update again with how the fitment is etc 

New brakes have arrived !! Happy to say they fit my wheels with out spacers !    375mm 6 pots front and 350mm conversion for the rear to match . 

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

My wheel specs are 19” 8.5 et 42 . CM pret reps

Hi, my Prets are reps (nice new curb mark on one today😒), not sure if they are CM ones or not or the offset, sry, I run a Racingline stage 2 kit and don't need spacers, it is close though, but I also have 18" cadiz and do need spacers for those., which I hate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arryjmc said:

Hi, my Prets are reps (nice new curb mark on one today😒), not sure if they are CM ones or not or the offset, sry, I run a Racingline stage 2 kit and don't need spacers, it is close though, but I also have 18" cadiz and do need spacers for those., which I hate.


ah thanks for the info … do you have a pic you could share of your set up ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got AP 6 pot calipers with 390mm discs, if I was to buy another kit I would get a 360-365mm size disc. This size disc is such a pain, only very specific wheels fit and if you get any dirt between the calipers and barrel, or a slight buckle it can easily cause the wheel to touch the caliper.

 

I've had genuine prets, CM prets, Revo RV019 and all of them have scrapped the calipers (only very lightly, but still scraped) at some point. Whether that was down to dirt/stones getting between the caliper, or the wheels getting buckled very slightly in certain areas

Link to post
Share on other sites

I run the Tarox 8 pot BBK that fit perfectly behind OE fitment wheels.

Mine sits behind Prets and TD’s in 18 for trackdays.

No spacers required and immense on track. I run their FS track grade pads which is above their Corsa pad range.

Sometimes you can get a deal through their dealers or try ringing Tarox UK direct.

 

 

1FD0E03A-8EAD-4186-B92D-75E9AB05779E.jpeg

90DBE9DE-F2B8-4ADE-AA74-C8B7C4D4AAA5.jpeg

7E9D09CB-B99F-4BD6-A1AE-36BF7365C0A1.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kieran said:

I've got AP 6 pot calipers with 390mm discs, if I was to buy another kit I would get a 360-365mm size disc. This size disc is such a pain, only very specific wheels fit and if you get any dirt between the calipers and barrel, or a slight buckle it can easily cause the wheel to touch the caliper.

 

I've had genuine prets, CM prets, Revo RV019 and all of them have scrapped the calipers (only very lightly, but still scraped) at some point. Whether that was down to dirt/stones getting between the caliper, or the wheels getting buckled very slightly in certain areas


 

do you have any pics at all ? And also what wheels do you run with them ? 
 

thanks :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Msportman said:

I run the Tarox 8 pot BBK that fit perfectly behind OE fitment wheels.

Mine sits behind Prets and TD’s in 18 for trackdays.

No spacers required and immense on track. I run their FS track grade pads which is above their Corsa pad range.

Sometimes you can get a deal through their dealers or try ringing Tarox UK direct.

 

 

1FD0E03A-8EAD-4186-B92D-75E9AB05779E.jpeg

90DBE9DE-F2B8-4ADE-AA74-C8B7C4D4AAA5.jpeg

7E9D09CB-B99F-4BD6-A1AE-36BF7365C0A1.jpeg


 

your car looks very purposeful indeed :) 

 

what size discs do you run ? 
 

thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bodyboarder81 said:


 

your car looks very purposeful indeed :) 

 

what size discs do you run ? 
 

thanks 

The kit runs 362 mm discs on bells.

I run Tarox F2000 on the rear with Corsa pads. Full braided hoses come with the kit and I use with Castrol SRF or Motul RB600 brake fluid.

Those pics were taken just after I had the Ohlins Coilovers fitted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Msportman said:

The kit runs 362 mm discs on bells.

I run Tarox F2000 on the rear with Corsa pads. Full braided hoses come with the kit and I use with Castrol SRF or Motul RB600 brake fluid.

Those pics were taken just after I had the Ohlins Coilovers fitted.


Really nice set up 👍🏼 
 

Oh ohlins xx 

 

trying to resist a set for my R … it’s hard . I’ve had 3 sets now , Nissan 350z , Honda S2000 and mk5 Pirelli edition …. But I had a major issue with the set on the mk5 and it put me off them for a while . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

Just updating this …. 
 

went for the AP 6 pot 375mm kit for the front and 350mm rear kit . About a month wait now until they are with me . I’ll update again with how the fitment is etc 

Awesome ~ so where did you buy them from and what colour did you go with? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

Got them from Reyland ( had a few bbk’s from them now ) 

 

black callipers with yellow AP Racing , black ‘hats’ and j hooked discs . 
 

Having a red R I thought red callipers as well would be a bit much . 
 

 

4B6C2855-EE9E-4635-9C07-FBB587FFE08D.jpeg

 Nice

Youll never look back. Great investment which are one of the mods you can really get a good return if you ever need to sell the kit. 
 

I’ve sold all of my old BBK within 8-24HRSof placing adverts on various websites.

 

What are your plans re suspension?

 

Ive had KW Clubsports amongst others and find the Ohlins a really good kit.

First time with Ihlins and can’t wait for my Ring trip next month and RSCombe in July.

 

Any trackdays planned?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Msportman said:

 Nice

Youll never look back. Great investment which are one of the mods you can really get a good return if you ever need to sell the kit. 
 

I’ve sold all of my old BBK within 8-24HRSof placing adverts on various websites.

 

What are your plans re suspension?

 

Ive had KW Clubsports amongst others and find the Ohlins a really good kit.

First time with Ihlins and can’t wait for my Ring trip next month and RSCombe in July.

 

Any trackdays planned?


Yeah , same as you , I know that a good / branded bbk is always worth good money 2nd hand , so always worth the outlay . 
 

I’ve got eibach springs , whiteline rear Arb , power flex gearbox inset . Although I’ll probably end up going Bilstein’s/ ohlins down the line . 
 

im not sure about track time with it to be honest … got the Elise that is more suited to that and dare I say it more fun .. but slower . 
 

this R was meant to be just a run a round car for my wife to take the kids to school , so what I’ve done is completely overkill ! But can’t seem to help myself 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...