Steve_3939

New A45s premier

1 minute ago, SpursMadDave said:

With a few options packs which you would be silly not to spec it is a £50k+ hatch emoji15.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The carwow review has the A45s at 50k base price!

Having seen the packs for the A35 and they likely all packs the the car needs to be the car you seeking, then that would be a £60,000 car and for £60 k I would simply buy something else- Sure its a great car but having seen the early A35 issues anyone should definitely wait till the car has matured. 

Also, and I do get it honestly as to why everyone wants more BHP etc, but the reality always nags me that there is a few times where I can really utllise the full capabilities of the R and so you get a monster like the A45 and unless track will barely get to see its capabilities and unless track why would you want drift mode?? drifting on a public road is not fun its reckless. 

I know you can remap a Golf R and get figures less than that ..... but imagine a remapped A45s - mental. Look out GT-R.
The 2ltr engine may be tuned to the max, of course you could start replacing engine parts...

If it's a brand new engine and/or turbo, I'd imagine there will be loads left in it. It's rare for manufacturers not to leave head room - more for longevity than additional performance. It'll be interesting to see what the lag is like a 400hp + 2ltr 4 pot. 

I'd guess heat might be the biggest factor. High output production engines are running much hotter than a few years ago.  

If it's a brand new engine and/or turbo, I'd imagine there will be loads left in it. It's rare for manufacturers not to leave head room - more for longevity than additional performance. It'll be interesting to see what the lag is like a 400hp + 2ltr 4 pot. 

I'd guess heat might be the biggest factor. High output production engines are running much hotter than a few years ago.  

Yeah agreed there will be something in it, just not guaranteed it will be as much as say the RS3 5 pot which I would imagine when the new one arrives will trump the Merc...

It might be fast but it still sounds pants. RS3’s still the way to go for some aural drama. 
To be honest if money wasnt an issue I would have a V6 or V8 just for the noise, wouldn't bother me if it was super quick as long as it handled well, wish I could have my Zed back... 806d887c165710f2fdba7eb596e7dced.jpg

1 hour ago, SpursMadDave said:

Yeah agreed there will be something in it, just not guaranteed it will be as much as say the RS3 5 pot which I would imagine when the new one arrives will trump the Merc...

Aye, you're most likely correct, although I wonder if the next RS3 engine will be a revision of the current TTRS/FL 8V engine. The FL 8V engine is only a couple of years or so old and honestly, it's pretty awesome. Much improved over the 8P & early 8V. 

It'll be interesting to see if they ever go hybrid on these cars or if they'll just cut and switch to electric.

2 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

The A35 is a highly tuned A250 engine, so think that one is probably up to its limits - On the AMG forum heat has been mentioned as an issue a few times for the A35, on wings as in its quite noticeable over what most consider normal after a run out. 

This A45 is a beast, so be interesting to see how it performs when first ones land,