GrayMK7R

Throttle Response Increase (via App)

Hi All,

Tried the ‘increase throttle response’ today, via the app (had loads of free credits).

Initial thoughts are - VERY IMPRESSED. First inch of travel is much improved, and I find I don't have to work as hard to find the torque, the car is much more eager to go on partial throttle, and it’s much easier to modulate delivery towards the bottom of the pedal. 

It’s never been an issue that bothered me before - at least enough to buy a pedal box, but I’m really enjoying the improved response. 

100% recommend it! 

49 minutes ago, BobbyT said:

does this really work? 

yeah, the image attached shows the difference. Basically you don’t have to push your foot as hard down to find the power. biggest difference is low-mid range I found. I actually did the tweak last weekend, but only drove the car today (forgetting I’ve done it) and thought to myself ‘the car feels more eager today’ then remembered that I did this tweak. 

75636B75-30AF-467A-B03F-101DD26AAD4C.jpeg

I've used this tweak for some time and it is a noticeable difference - however the biggest difference is seen if you are changing your driving style.

The throttle response is not constant on these cars - it will sharpen up in race mode, or S mode and become more sluggish in Normal or Eco.

The car will in addition independently adjust the throttle response when you are in Normal mode - it will sharpen up if you start driving hard, and go into slug mode if you drive it like miss daisy for a while. This is why sometimes when you go from driving calmly and sedately and put your foot down - it just seems sluggish on that first stab of the pedal, then as you progress it seems much better - it has switched from crap response to sharp response.

What this tweak does is keep it in the sharp mode for longer and also more keenly switch back to the faster throttle response when you start driving more aggresively.

What i have found with this tweak is that the car just generally stays more in the sharp response mode......if you always drive round in full race mode (not individual, but real race mode), then this tweak will do very little for you - although i do believe it generally gives the pedal a more linear response, but that could just be placebo effect....it definately keeps the car more in the sharper (race mode) throttle response though. I've turned it off and noticed it takes bigger stabs of the pedal to 'wake it up'

I've used this tweak for sometime and it is a noticeable difference - however the biggest difference is seen if you are changing your driving style.

The throttle response is not constant on these cars - it will sharpen up in race mode, or S mode and become more sluggish in Normal or Eco.

The car will in addition independently adjust the throttle response when you are in Normal mode - it will sharpen up if you start driving hard, and go into slug mode if you drive it like miss daisy for a while. This is why sometimes when you go from driving calmly and sedately and put your foot down - it just seems sluggish on that first stab of the pedal, then as you progress it seems much better - it has switched from crap response to sharp response.

What this tweak does is keep it in the sharp mode for longer and also more keenly switch back to the faster throttle response when you start driving more aggresively.

What i have found with this tweak is that the car just generally stays more in the sharp response mode......if you always drive round in full race mode (not individual, but real race mode), then this tweak will do very little for you - although i do believe it generally gives the pedal a more linear response, but that could just be placebo effect....it definately keeps the car more in the sharper (race mode) throttle response though. I've turned it off and noticed it takes more stabs of the pedal to 'wake it up'
That explains why it did nothing for me as my car just stays in race mode all the time, does make a lot of sense as I used to use Individual and found it awful until I got my pedalbox but since switching to just having it in race mode constantly the car sounds so much better and also starting to think I don't need the pedalbox

Great info

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

That explains why it did nothing for me as my car just stays in race mode all the time, does make a lot of sense as I used to use Individual and found it awful until I got my pedalbox but since switching to just having it in race mode constantly the car sounds so much better and also starting to think I don't need the pedalbox emoji848.png

Great info emoji106.png

Yep everyone just thinks this tweak makes the pedal more linear response - which it can do, but thats because it is likely to stay in the sharper throttle map, which is generally more linear and responsive. What the tweak actually does is just keep it in the sharper map/profile for longer and switch to it more quickly and with less throttle input and stabs of the pedal.

After all it was always labelled 'Driver profile switchover' - so the chart is not actually of what it's doing to the throttle response per se, the chart is of how long it takes to switch to the better response map, and how far you have to push the pedal for it to do so........but if you are always in the sharper map via full race mode, then it does effectively nothing.

Yep everyone just thinks this tweak makes the pedal more linear response - which it can do, but thats because it is likely to stay in the sharper throttle map, which is generally more linear and responsive. What the tweak actually does is just keep it in the sharper map/profile for longer and switch to it more quickly and with less throttle input and stabs of the pedal.

After all it was always labelled 'Driver profile switchover' - so the chart is not actually of what it's doing to the throttle response per se, the chart is of how long it takes to switch to the better response map, and how far you have to push the pedal for it to do so........but if you are always in the sharper map via full race mode, then it does effectively nothing.

I can't see any downside to being in Race permanently, the car feels more responsive and sounds so much better, I prefer the steering feel also. I used to use Individual but had everything set to sport anyway so thought why not just have it in race and be done with it and I'm glad I did. Even on rare motorway trips I don't bother to switch it and can't say I have noticed much difference in fuel usage, not that it's a big worry I just out £30 of VPower in whenever I need to.
Thanks for explaining, everyday is a schoolday, I doubt many understand this as not seen it discussed on here much

2 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

I can't see any downside to being in Race permanently, the car feels more responsive and sounds so much better, I prefer the steering feel also. I used to use Individual but had everything set to sport anyway so thought why not just have it in race and be done with it and I'm glad I did. Even on rare motorway trips I don't bother to switch it and can't say I have noticed much difference in fuel usage, not that it's a big worry I just out £30 of VPower in whenever I need to.
Thanks for explaining, everyday is a schoolday, I doubt many understand this as not seen it discussed on here much emoji106.png

I'd stay in it - but i like my DCC in Comfort or Normal - so full race mode is just too harsh for daily driving.....otherwise i'd be in it permanently too.

It's annoying that individual settings are half broken - race mode on the engine setting just makes it go to sport on DSG, and when you flick it out of sport its no different to normal engine mode.

Also Eco mode is broken on individual - yes it looks like its in Eco mode, but it isn't and doesn't coast and neutral drop on the DSG......I hardly use Eco mode, but it sometimes would be nice to use it with DCC in comfort on a long journey - but i can't have DCC in comfort without using individual and again Eco is broken in individual.

I'd stay in it - but i like my DCC in Comfort or Normal - so full race mode is just too harsh for daily driving.....otherwise i'd be in it permanently too.
It's annoying that individual settings are half broken - race mode on the engine setting just makes it go to sport on DSG, and when you flick it out of sport its no different to normal engine mode.

Also Eco mode is broken on individual - yes it looks like its in Eco mode, but it isn't and doesn't coast and neutral drop on the DSG......not that almost ever would use Eco mode, but would be nice to use it with DCC in comfort on a long journey - but i can't have DCC in comfort without using individual...and again Eco is broken in individual.

Yeah I don't have DCC so sounds like it's a win/win for me

I can have the response and sound 100% of the time without teeth shattering ride!

2 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Yeah I don't have DCC so sounds like it's a win/win for me emoji16.png

I can have the response and sound 100% of the time without teeth shattering ride!

Yep! - sucks that i have DCC and i'm being punished by it making  full race mode as hard as nails lol

Thankfully tho the driver profile switchover tweak at least makes my Normal mode throttle response the same as (or close to) full race mode.

Yep! - sucks that i have DCC and i'm being punished by it making  full race mode as hard as nails lol

Thankfully tho the driver profile switchover tweak at least makes my Normal mode throttle response the same as (or close to) full race mode.
When I was looking I thought I would take a DCC car over a non one and this car was advertised as having it, something I quickly pointed out when I went in to modes and it wasn't there! Instant £500 of asking price! From what I have read most people put the car in comfort which is something I am totally not bothered about and the Sport or Race setting is way too hard from what I understand? So I'm missing out on a bit of adaptive damping but if I was that concerned I would get some KW3s but again it doesn't seem to me to dampen my appreciation of the car

10 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

When I was looking I thought I would take a DCC car over a non one and this car was advertised as having it, something I quickly pointed out when I went in to modes and it wasn't there! Instant £500 of asking price! From what I have read most people put the car in comfort which is something I am totally not bothered about and the Sport or Race setting is way too hard from what I understand? So I'm missing out on a bit of adaptive damping but if I was that concerned I would get some KW3s but again it doesn't seem to me to dampen my appreciation of the car emoji106.png

I do like my DCC and wouldn't be without it on 19" wheels.....I alternate from leaving it in comfort mode or Normal mode. On a long journey it will always be in comfort.   Race/sport mode on DCC is just horrible though, too much pogo stick effect. Maybe ok on a nice flat track but on UK roads it's a no go.

I Just wish Individual settings worked properly...I'd also like to be able to customise the modes to my own setting, i.e. a custom 'Normal' mode and custom 'Race Mode'...and a nice button on the steering wheel to engage my race profile would be sweet!

My ideal race mode would be Normal DCC, Race Steering, Race Engine Sound, Normal ACC

Ideal Daily Normal mode would be Comfort DCC, Normal Steering, Normal Engine Sound, Normal ACC

So its primarily the DCC that i want to change between modes - and the defaults are all wrong, and the one mode i can customise (individual) don't fecking work properly! (engine mode does nothing in individual effectively....Race is normal, normal is normal, Eco is normal but with an E on the dash!)

1 hour ago, blower said:

I've used this tweak for some time and it is a noticeable difference - however the biggest difference is seen if you are changing your driving style.

What i have found with this tweak is that the car just generally stays more in the sharp response mode......if you always drive round in full race mode (not individual, but real race mode), then this tweak will do very little for you - although i do believe it generally gives the pedal a more linear response, but that could just be placebo effect....it definately keeps the car more in the sharper (race mode) throttle response though. I've turned it off and noticed it takes more stabs of the pedal to 'wake it up'

That’s a really informative and helpful explanation blower.  I love it when there are forum posts like this that shed new light on, and clarify things that are ambiguous or just not understood.  This mod has been discussed a few times in various threads in here but there always seemed to be a question mark over it, with some finding it of minimal effect and others finding a real improvement.  Your post and experience of it goes a long way to explaining why that might be and why some people experience of it is not what they hoped for or expected.  I’ve not done this particular obdeleven mod myself as I’ve had a pedal box on my car for the last 4 years so never felt the need for anything beyond that, and I’m not sure that this would add anything of worth alongside a pedal box?  But certainly this is a great starting point for owners that don’t have one but find the standard throttle response wanting, and can benefit from this simple obdeleven adaptation.  I’m a bit like you in that I have DCC and mainly use Individual mode set up to my various prefs - mainly everything in race but DCC in Normal.  I do use Race mode at times though as I actually don’t mind the DCC in Sport and with the soundaktor down to 0 (with obdeleven) it’s bearable now.