Sign in to follow this  
.Griff.

M140i Ownership - Considered all the options and went for a...

BMW 140i Shadow Edition.

Firstly thank you for the warm welcome when I joined having test drove a Golf R. This has to be one of the friendliest and most helpful car forum I've been on. And I been on a lot!!

Unfortunately whether bad timing or just bad luck I simply couldn't get the figures to work on the R. As much as I like the car and the amount of kit you as standard I couldn't justify the numbers that I was being quoted. Had I waited I'm sure another set of great lease deals would have come around but time isn't on my side.

One of the main reasons I went for the BMW is aggressive discounting from some of the dealers. For example, this was my best Carwow offer -

PsCGYnMh.png

Nearly 20% off which is WAY above anything VAG offered. Not content with that I haggled further and got 3 years servicing and 3 years GAP thrown in as well. Suffice to say I couldn't turn down the offer.

So all being well in October I'll take delivery of a Sunset Orange M140i Shadow Edition. It already contains quite a few options over the standard M140i but I've added ProNav (a must for me), 8 speed ZF and adaptive suspension.

I'll still stay on the forum and hope to contribute moving forwards :)

Fear Not, that is a fabulous car as well.....you will love it to bits.....sadly the only BMW dealer near me is part of the worlds worst car cartel...Arnold Shark ! so not for me but having had many BMW's in the past, they are good.....(My E30 M3 was a real hoot!)   

hope you enjoy your new beastie!  

I agree with the others mate, looks looks a lovely car...

I wasn't familiar with this shadow edition, so had a quick look on YT

Is this the one featured the same colour as yours? Looks great with the special black alloys.

Sounds good too.

Enjoy!

Nice choice griff
It was a massive toss up for me between the m135/40i and the R earlier this year. I was hell bent on the bmw for about 6 months previous but the R stole it purely gor the year round drivability. My car is a daily and the back country roads i have to use to get to work can be pretty bad in a winter. I work shifts too so after a 12hr night shift the last thing i wanted to be doing was battling with a rwd in the snow lol. I dont think youve made a bad decision though at all, that straight 6 sound and the deals you are finding on new just makes it so appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current status of your new BMW is 5055 "Confirmed by Production Control" with the estimated delivery will be around the 39th week of September. Not long now James!

Ordered on Friday, should be built, shipped and at the dealer by last week in September. I won't hold my breath but at least it's progressing.

Very good choice, the 140i is a really nice car and great to drive.

ignore any comments on snow etc, decent winter tyres sort that.

i know plenty with 340i and other RWD only BMW owners that manage without problems over the winter just by fitting winter tyres.

originally I was going 340i but felt like a change and unfortunately the 140i does not come in Estate format.

A really good choice and a lovely car to drive, 3.0 petrol is great, the 8AT is a great gearbox as well.

Obviously plenty of BMW forums, with decent help etc.

plenty banter on uk bit of F30 Bimmer, and 140i owners.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=412

I've had an E82 for the last two years so I'm already familiar with RWD. 

That said I'm looking forward to upgrading from the N55 to the B58 as well as all the new toys and more refined interior.

I had a drive in my friends 140i at the weekend... its blood grunty!!! Faster than the golf in a straight line. Auto box is also mega, I hope the dsg in the R I'm collecting next week is as good (manual fan boy )
The only thing I could pick fault with, is the actual interior space. I'm 6"2 and people would struggle to sit behind me.
If I didn't have 2 kids, and the fact I got a great lease deal on an R estate I'd be in a 140i.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, mcj said:

not a fan of the 1 series to look at but that would be my only gripe! all the other boxes ticked:afro:

I'll be brutally honest. I planned on getting the M240i as I prefer the looks but in their infinite wisdom, BMW didn't release the Shadow Edition in the 2 series and by the time I'd ticked all the same options I was looking at another 5 grand on finance over the 1 series. 

Couldn't justify the increase just for looks plus once inside the car it's all the same.