RIP Golf

Chronicbint

50 minutes ago, Chronicbint said:

2025-hyundai-ioniq-5-n-front-3-4.jpg

Just don't look at the GFV!

Audi Q4 45 has massive depreciation.

We looked at this EV to replace the wife's Q5. I pulled after they gave me the GFV. A near £30k drop on  Carwow discounted price of £52k. That's in 4 yrs 12k per yr = 48k miles. over 4 yrs.

Have you bought new or used?

12 hours ago, Msportman said:

Just don't look at the GFV!

Audi Q4 45 has massive depreciation.

We looked at this EV to replace the wife's Q5. I pulled after they gave me the GFV. A near £30k drop on  Carwow discounted price of £52k. That's in 4 yrs 12k per yr = 48k miles. over 4 yrs.

Have you bought new or used?

Its a lease on wifes company scheme (we only have one car). 🙂

Will end up costing a chunk more monthly than the Golf, though it may save a little on fuel costs.  

Had to find something that was quicker than brothers I4 M50 😂 and also vaguely interesting/slightly hot hatchy, this is the first EV I have seen that sort of fits that criteria. That isn't a 100k+

39 minutes ago, Chronicbint said:

Its a lease on wifes company scheme (we only have one car). 🙂

Will end up costing a chunk more monthly than the Golf, though it may save a little on fuel costs.  

Had to find something that was quicker than brothers I4 M50 😂 and also vaguely interesting/slightly hot hatchy, this is the first EV I have seen that sort of fits that criteria. That isn't a 100k+

You're better off leasing any EV from what I've seen. Some good deals.

Audi in particular are finding harder to shift Q5's with interest rates 9.9% on new on a £55k 2L TDI Tech Pro and used Edition 1 models are between 11-15% APR on used meaning £10-£11k in interest over 4 years....no thanks.

Hence Q4 make the switch deal that they are currently pushing on new is 4.9% but depreciation is awful on a £50k vehicle.

Only option is high monthly and buy with a bank loan or lease a cheaper vehicle ....she has expensive tastes!

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

You're better off leasing any EV from what I've seen. Some good deals.

Audi in particular are finding harder to shift Q5's with interest rates 9.9% on new on a £55k 2L TDI Tech Pro and used Edition 1 models are between 11-15% APR on used meaning £10-£11k in interest over 4 years....no thanks.

Hence Q4 make the switch deal that they are currently pushing on new is 4.9% but depreciation is awful on a £50k vehicle.

Only option is high monthly and buy with a bank loan or lease a cheaper vehicle ....she has expensive tastes!

Yeah, I watched a video on youtube about Taycans, delivery mileage, high spec, losing 40-50k soon as you buy one!

Well I’m glad to hear your outgoing 8R is ok after the field incident but where are the juicy details of what happened?!  😂 Was this the final straw in your decision to jettison it in favour of an EV.  Joking.  

That’s one of the better looking EVs imo.  Good idea to lease for the reasons covered above.  We expect to see pics when you get it. 😀

1 hour ago, TheBlondeFella said:

So I was going to say .... what the hell were you doing to roll an R off the road and into a field?

Mk7s & Mk7.5 are almost un-crashable. I can drive like a complete tw@t in my Mk7 and have never had a close call in almost 7 years.

He was joking. 🙂 

Some may call it clickbait. 🤣 😉