camelsac2002

Not been on for a while.

I’m not sure of the last time I was on but my health has taken a bit of a dive.

First signs were getting breathless. I’d climb a ladder at work - panting. Pushing the jet wash across the yard to the lock up - panting. Slowly, over six to eight weeks, it got worse so a visit to the doctors ensued! She was very good - asked a load of questions, noticed I was a bit pale (I rarely look in the mirror so wouldn’t know!) sent me for a chest X-ray and took a blood sample. This was last Friday. After the doctors, my wife and I went on holiday to the New Forest - no phone signal. We went out in the evening and my phone picked up a signal - cue frantic text messages from the doctors - ring now! The blood test results were back in a matter of hours. Turns out I have a blood disorder - low counts on platelets (clotting), white cells (ability to fight infection), although not dangerously low but mega low red blood cell count which carries oxygen around the body, hence the breathlessness - sometimes, I can barely go upstairs without getting breathless. I’m generally fit - eat sensibly, don’t smoke, drink in moderation, active job, 6’ 3” and 14 1/2 stone. The haematologist thinks I must be superman to have gone on for so long - people have 8 - 12 pints of blood in them - I’ve essentially been running on 6! So I’m booked in for a blood transfusion this morning which will give me a boost and the haematologist took some samples on Monday to try and find out what’s up. I have a bone marrow extraction booked for next Tuesday as he’s not confident of getting any results from the blood - he thinks it’s more serious but we’ll see! I’ll update as and when I know more! Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HI Camel, We missed your around here...Thanks for stopping by and updating us...I'm sorry to hear of your ill health..best of luck with the diagnosis and hopefully you can make a full and complete recovery as quickly as possible...I wish you all the best...It's nice to have you back on the forum...:)

Really sorry to hear of your health problems Camel.  Sounds like you’re having a tough time and must be very worrying for you and your family. I, and I'm sure all of us here hope it’s nothing serious and that the good docs get to the bottom of it and you get effective treatment. Keep your chin up mate and keep that sense of humour!  Wishing you all the very best for a good, steady and strong recovery. 

I’m not overly worrying at the moment - when I get the results of the bone marrow biopsy, I’ll have a better idea! I’ve been told the transfusion can make a big difference so hopefully on Sunday, I can go out for a run in the R - there’s a great coffee and food place not far away called Caffeine and Machine - a true petrol head’s heaven! Some great cars and a great atmosphere!6e7d7c1af98bc0e638263cb09328bdff.jpg3719e5df9a7a70094a49338e375c5a32.jpg4e42049fd941299978cae25b63d235bc.jpg960880c4c390068ecc066f36e96c1446.jpgb6d5c81c4dfacb29d70c51b3b2557ef8.jpgad05a1896e84a4da55ca92722382dd31.jpg

£5 entry which gets you a decent coffee. All sorts of bacon, sausage, egg rolls etc and some decent driving roads to get there - doesn’t get much better and you get the odd F40 and 911 GTs there too!

They also have a Facebook page - and some exhibits you’d not normally find in a house!

£5 entry which gets you a decent coffee. All sorts of bacon, sausage, egg rolls etc and some decent driving roads to get there - doesn’t get much better and you get the odd F40 and 911 GTs there too!

Whereabouts is it, sounds the perfect place for a forum meet up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Camel, hope your doctors figure out what's going on and come up with a treatment plan.  Whatever they do, don't let them remove that cheerful outlook and great sense of humor. 

Sorry to hear about your health shock. Hope they quickly get on top of it all.  Also tho - good for you to Ask for it to be looked into properly, not just tough it out until you collapsed...

I hope you are soon restored to full health fitness. 👍