Can anyone help?

I've just had 13mm front & 16mm rear spacers fitted to my Golf R. I currently run 18inch Pret's from VW. Can anyone recommend springs to fit to this setup? I'm looking at 15mm Eibachs, to avoid rub but to reduce the arch gap.

Hi ive been looking into the reviews and the Eibachs come out with very good ride quality ive ordered some so fit them soon along with a superpro rear anti roll bar and dcc 

looking forward to reviewing the difference

18 hours ago, SamClarke97 said:

Can anyone help?

I've just had 13mm front & 16mm rear spacers fitted to my Golf R. I currently run 18inch Pret's from VW. Can anyone recommend springs to fit to this setup? I'm looking at 15mm Eibachs, to avoid rub but to reduce the arch gap.

In my experience Sam...Eibach's are awesome springs in every way...except only a subtle 15mm drop...and I had 19's...so went Leyo Springs...25mm drop....Nice ride quality and wheel gap much reduced...Looks so much better...:smiley:

1st pic = Eibachs

2nd pic = Leyo Sport Springs

GR7 Beach 5.jpg

My Golf R Late Feb 2020 6.jpg

2 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

In my experience Sam...Eibach's are awesome springs in every way...except only a subtle 15mm drop...and I had 19's...so went Leyo Springs...25mm drop....Nice ride quality and wheel gap much reduced...Looks so much better...:smiley:

1st pic = Eibachs

GR7 Beach 5.jpg

Looks great. I’m pretty certain it’s my next mod now. Later In year probably the VWR ones as get supplied and installed by my mechanic. 

I’ll also get the black out strips for Cadiz rims as I think cheap mod transforms look of rim and enhances the drop/stance in my option from photos I’ve seen. 

3 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

1st pic = Eibachs

GR7 Beach 5.jpg

Looks great mate, how did you find the ride compares between the two?

I've got VWR Revision Set 3 and they are great. Great stance and don't rub if running spacers. At least on my 18" Cadiz wheels. 15mm front and 20mm on rear

27 minutes ago, VW17GLF said:

I've got VWR Revision Set 3 and they are great. Great stance and don't rub if running spacers. At least on my 18" Cadiz wheels. 15mm front and 20mm on rear

Hi mate, so your running 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear, or is that the drop amount? Also, do you have any pictures so I can have a look? Thanks for the help, appreciate it :-)

19 hours ago, SamClarke97 said:

Looks great mate, how did you find the ride compares between the two?

HI Sam...Ride is great on both to be honest....Eibach's slightly better...but hard to tell....Was and am happy with both...:smiley:

20 hours ago, mp2811 said:

Looks great. I’m pretty certain it’s my next mod now. Later In year probably the VWR ones as get supplied and installed by my mechanic. 

I’ll also get the black out strips for Cadiz rims as I think cheap mod transforms look of rim and enhances the drop/stance in my option from photos I’ve seen. 

You'll love the new lowered stance...I was looking seriously at VWR also...but went Leyo Sport ones as a mate of mine who is a tuner recommended them...:smiley:

3 hours ago, goodbadboy said:

You'll love the new lowered stance...I was looking seriously at VWR also...but went Leyo Sport ones as a mate of mine who is a tuner recommended them...:smiley:

Had chat with mechanic and he’s recommending the eibach as his option better product/ride quality. So go with his advice. Still be little way off doing it but just doing research. 

I didn’t really know about the leyo ones until you mentioned them and I can also get white line ones at good price but don’t want to risk ride quality on product with no reviews over saving small amount. 

thanks for the advice. 

21 hours ago, SamClarke97 said:

Hi mate, so your running 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm on the rear, or is that the drop amount? Also, do you have any pictures so I can have a look? Thanks for the help, appreciate it 🙂

HI Mate, was running 15mm spacers front and 20mm spacers on the rear. Don't have any photos now unfortunately as I have taken the spacers off.

I’ve just listed my MSS automotive sport fully adjustable kit in classifieds if it’s of interest to anyone.
Having had eibach pro before them I can confirm the ride and handling is much improved with the MSS.